Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at possibly doing a 113 or 117 low compression build, reliability being the most important. hoping to find a shop that is honest and backs up there work in the Minneapolis Minnesota area. Thanks onetee.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

After a lot of thought and talking to a few performance shops I am going to drop my bike off at Razorback performance in Whitehall WI. Have to wait till the the end of the month. Going with A 113, t man 590 cams keeping the compression about 10.5. Thank for the suggestions.
Onetee

·
Registered
546 Posts
After a lot of thought and talking to a few performance shops I am going to drop my bike off at Razorback performance in Whitehall WI. Have to wait till the the end of the month. Going with A 113, t man 590 cams keeping the compression about 10.5. Thank for the suggestions.
Onetee
Should be a runner.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Bob Wright R&D Performance 952-955-1198 for the motor build

Is Bob still doing engine work? I thought I heard he had moved ~30 miles north...

If so, he would be a great one in the area!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, Bob/R&D Perf is still in Watertown building engines. He does a lot of work for one of my best friends, and he is top notch. He does not tune however.

I would also say Razorback Perf in WI as well. I have 2 very good friends that have taken bikes to him, and he is also top notch. He does most of the tuning for the HD dealers in his area. I will be taking my bike to him if my map from FM is a bit off.

Fuel Moto is very well recognized and you can't go wrong, but they are a bit farther.

I have also talked with and have heard good things about "Those Dyno Guys" in Zimmerman MN. I do not know anyone that has had work done there, nor have I have personal experience.

The HD dealer in Faribault is pretty good. Lot's of good recommendations for builds and tuning. I did have them tune my bike last fall before I decided to change tuners.

Good luck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have also talked with and have heard good things about "Those Dyno Guys" in Zimmerman MN. I do not know anyone that has had work done there, nor have I have personal experience.

Good luck.
+1 for 'Those Dyno Guys'. My good friend went there, and while he only did the Stage 1 and a dyno, the bike really woke up.. Great addition to a mainly stock bike!

Hamel Power in Hamel also is tuning. Bobby, the engine builder there just did a rebuild on my '94 Ultra.. Did an amazing job, and even dyno'd the carb!! Unsure on his prices, but he's a good one to chat with.. I know he likes using the TTS Master Tune..

-Gus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I made the right choice. A shop that also tunes was a biggie for me. I don't have a trailer. Now to choose a exhaust, I like the look and sound of two into two but know that a 2 into 1 is the way to go.
Tough choice, thanks onetee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts