Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down in PCB at Thunder Beach and I'm noticing while taking off after setting in traffic and getting the bike hot that the engine is acting like it's wanting to stall. I'm having to ride the clutch and give it more throttle to get going. Not sure what's going on because it only does it after being stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
try turning your eitms off and see if you like that better. if you want to continue to use the eitms, just give a quick little blip before you give it gas and let out the clutch.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try turning your eitms off and see if you like that better. if you want to continue to use the eitms, just give a quick little blip before you give it gas and let out the clutch.
How's that done? First bike I've had with this function

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as soon as throttle increases over idle the rear cylinder will pick back up ..
That's what I figured it would do... kinda has me wondering if it isn't something else going on.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
How's that done? First bike I've had with this function
Roll your throttle foward and hold it there until the cruise idicater light blinks from green to red. The ignition must be on to do this. Don't matter if the engine is running, or not.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roll your throttle foward and hold it there until the cruise idicater light blinks from green to red. The ignition must be on to do this. Don't matter if the engine is running, or not.
Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well hell, my cruise control indicator is already ready when I turn the bike on. So I guess the function was already turned off?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
no, that's your cruise being off. you have to roll the throttle forward and hold it. the cruise light will blink green when activated and red when deactivated.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Well hell, my cruise control indicator is already ready when I turn the bike on. So I guess the function was already turned off?
Ok I'll write this out......switch your cruise control off on your dash so the light isn't lite up when you power up the bike. When you turn the bike on or have it running roll the throttle forward (opposite way of accelerating) and hold it there for a few seconds. You will see your cruise light come on and blink a few times GREEN then turn to the color RED. This with either turn ON or OFF the ETMS function. Sounds like you have it on already, turning it off will no longer shut down the rear cylinder when the bike is idling, thus no longer giving you the "stalling" sensation when pulling away at a light. I've had my ETMS off the moment I bought my bike new off the floor, never cared for the feature myself. If you still don't understand I'm sure Youtube.com will have a quick video of how to perform this function lol.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I'll write this out......switch your cruise control off on your dash so the light isn't lite up when you power up the bike. When you turn the bike on or have it running roll the throttle forward (opposite way of accelerating) and hold it there for a few seconds. You will see your cruise light come on and blink a few times GREEN then turn to the color RED. This with either turn ON or OFF the ETMS function. Sounds like you have it on already, turning it off will no longer shut down the rear cylinder when the bike is idling, thus no longer giving you the "stalling" sensation when pulling away at a light. I've had my ETMS off the moment I bought my bike new off the floor, never cared for the feature myself. If you still don't understand I'm sure Youtube.com will have a quick video of how to perform this function lol.
I'm tracking now! Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts