Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, took the new CVO riding today for the first time with the wife. The heat from the engine is cooking her legs, especially on the right hand side (in the area of the foot pegs). I assume there would be simple solution considering all the other parts available for Harley. My Google has not turned up anything yet. Anyone else have this problem. What is the fix?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motorcycle boots and blue jeans.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
2018? Does it have that fan that mounts behind the rear cylinder on it? forces some hot air down...IF not, may try that first...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it doesn't have the fan behind the cylinder. I'm thinking if I install passenger floorboards and offset the floorboards forward two inches that might help some...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heat issue

I thought adding floor boards would help with the CAT heat for the wife, but she say's its still HOT on her foot. Offsetting them forward will only hamper you when you put your feet down to back peddle into a parking hole, etc... I have short legs and when I back peddle I still hit the floor boards for my wife and have to take baby steps. I have heard the fans will help but to really get rid of the heat you need to get rid of the CAT.. and that was from a Harley dealer... I am struggling with this issue myself with my 2017 RGS..... DAWG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts