Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2012 road glide and have an issue when just starting out to ride motorcycle.

Motorcycle has hesitation/Bucking feeling until it is warmed up and I have been riding for about 10 miles.

I have replaced the following: Spark plugs, wires, air cleaner, cleaned out fuel tank, fuel check valve assembly, engine temp sensor, fresh gas (3 tanks).

Motorcycle has throttle response, starts fine, great idle.

I am at a loss here. Would like to be able to fix myself and not have to take it to the dealer $$$$.

Any help would be appreciated.

T.Davis

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
You might look for intake gasket leak and the other thing is to clean the IAC just inside the throttle body looking up. Use some Berryman carburetor cleaner with the straw on it. That should help

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
You might look for intake gasket leak and the other thing is to clean the IAC just inside the throttle body looking up. Use some Berryman carburetor cleaner with the straw on it. That should help
His bike is a 2012 and has TBW thus there is no IAC. :wink:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have 2012 road glide and have an issue when just starting out to ride motorcycle.

Motorcycle has hesitation/Bucking feeling until it is warmed up and I have been riding for about 10 miles.

I have replaced the following: Spark plugs, wires, air cleaner, cleaned out fuel tank, fuel check valve assembly, engine temp sensor, fresh gas (3 tanks).

Motorcycle has throttle response, starts fine, great idle.

I am at a loss here. Would like to be able to fix myself and not have to take it to the dealer $$$$.

Any help would be appreciated.

T.Davis

Maybe check the wire connectors to the throttle body? Could be a cracked or broken one in the pins to the throttle body. Can be difficult to tell and not real common but not uncommon.

Just a thought!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maybe check the wire connectors to the throttle body? Could be a cracked or broken one in the pins to the throttle body. Can be difficult to tell and not real common but not uncommon.

Just a thought!

Another thing to check is (not sure what the part name is) but the mass air flow sensor or air temp sensor at the throttle body.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would check for an intake seal leak. Not uncommon and they are just rubber gaskets. If you’ve messed with the throttlebody any time recently, loosened the bolts holding the throttlebody, it could have shifted.

Do you have any codes shown in a WOW test? If so; what are they?

Also, I’ve seen a rash here lately of bad O2 sensors. Just a thought but they will typically throw a code.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Did you check the rubber cap on the vacuum stem on the top of the throttle body?

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
If you look under the gas tank above the throttle body you will see a rubber cap on a hose connection. Make sure it is there and that it is not cracked. If it’s missing there will be a vacuum leak causing the bike to run rough.
Best of luck.
Keep us posted.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts