Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor was built in December. 103 with 11.0 cp pistons se585 cam. Bike has motor has 1000 miles on it. Did the knock when warm start up from like 150 on. Had it in the shop in March and they told me nothing was wrong with it. So ok I ride 700 more miles and still knocks on warm start up. So now it’s back in the shop. I told them to tear it down or I don’t want it back. I have video of the knock but can’t figure out how to upload it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also has SE lifters brand new with the build and perfect fit pushrods along with high lift valve springs.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Next time you find yourself in that situation, besides a video which is a great idea, get yourself a long screwdriver or stethoscope and do the listening yourself. This way you can pinpoint what they may not and you can walk in the door of the shop and point at where you narrowed the noise down to. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with getting it resolved correctly.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I had a knock and it was a lifter..replaced the lifters, cam plate, oil pump, and bearings for good measure..all good now...I did hear mixed reviews about SE lifters, especially from the CVO 110 bunch... they were saying the CVO stockers were a wear item that need to be replaced routinely...but went with them anyway since it was a warranty job...I had thought about the 585 also, but wasn't on stock so I passed...

I have the same bike and color as you too...lol...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bike still knocking. They picked it up today and Tore it down. Lifter valleys are scratched up. They are going to replace the cases. Not sure how that happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts