Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just looking for some advise. I rode my 2009 Road Glide yesterday and had no problems. This morning I jump on it, started up, engine light is on, and I can only get as high as 1700 rpm. So is there anything to check? Or does it have to into the shop and get hooked up to a machine to find out what's wrong with it? I did disconnect the ground for a few minutes hoping it would clear any "trouble" codes but it didn't seemed to work as good as it did in my old 2002 Dodge Ram. Any suggestions or just take it into the shop?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there are a few links out there. There is this site from fuel moto that can help as well.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-harley-trouble-codes.html

Thanks for the link. I went out and checked for the codes and got P1511 and P55P 6. I kept messing around and actually got them to clear and it started up and ran fine. As soon as I get time I'll take it in to the shop and have them look it over. But ateast I will be able to ride it in instead of on a trailer.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Go to the troubleshooting section and read the sticky's about finding and clearing DTC's and TBW issues it may help you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
P1511 says it was in limp mode from a fault in the throttle body.

Being as it's a 2009, there is a very good chance that your issue is with the cheap tin terminal ends in the connector at the rear of the throttle body. There are some upgraded silver plated terminal ends to correct that issue. Not big repair bill at all. But the tool to install them cost more than the labor at the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, heading into town Tuesday or Thursday so I'll take it by the dealership and have them check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts