Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issue with erratic idle, the bike is a 2007 RG with a Thundermax ECM. Zipper's had a PDF suggesting that this is caused by poor connectivity via old dirty fuses, and they were disgusting (clean now), or a faulty engine temp. sensor. I just replaced the ET temp. sensor today and now the idle seems fine but the engine light stays lit on the tach, it also has a code P0118 that is "ET Sensor High". I pulled the maxi fuse and initialized the ECM but the light is still glowing, any ideas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I'll try to re-install the current map, etc. Too bad my daughter moved out last month and took her laptop with her.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
You can clear the DTCs, there is a sticky in the troubleshooting section that will give you detailed information on how to check and clear the DTCs.

Also if you have the laptop linked to the T-max module you can go to module configurations and click on that and then click on Diagnostic codes and you can check and clear DTCs that way as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ironmark but I did check and clear the DTC codes several times. The only thing I can think of is, if the thundermax is so sensitive to a faulty ET sensor maybe just replacing it is tricking it into a high reading, or the new sensor it bad, broken wire, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P0118 is a code for ET sensor high open, I found out this means an open circuit and NOT a bad sensor. I unplugged the sensor and pushed back a heat resistant wire insulation to find the wire coating gone in what looked like a knife cut. So this was a factory mistake that got over looked by a inspector and it took 6 year for the wire to completely degrade, as it does not touch or rub any other part of the bike so it can't be wear.

Just wanted to post the result for future DTC P0118 sufferers, you can either solder and shrink tube or spend $871 on a new mid harness, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts