Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 21 Road glide special with 2k miles and today was at a stop light and engine started revving while I had the clutch pulled in and wasnt touching throttle. When I went to accelerate and twist the throttle nothing happened. It’s as if the throttle disengaged completely and when letting clutch out bike moved slowly forward but again tried twisting the throttle and absolutely no response. I’ve never experienced anything like that before. I had to pull over and turn the bike off and back on and now the engine light is on. Has anyone experienced this before? I feel as if the engine went into some type of safety mode.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Do you know how to pull the codes, that would be a good start.

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
Here’s a link on how to check for codes. Your bike being so new I’d do what you said and have the Dealer look at it.

Reactions: DanHappy and Mike U

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
It's definitely a good idea to take it back to the dealership so the problem is documented. It's also a good idea to know what codes it thrown so the dealership can't BS you.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
If you do check the codes don't erase the codes so the dealer can see the DTC.
You decision to take it to dealer is the right decision because the bike is under warranty .

Mark

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check the Idle Air Controller, usually a good cleaning with carb. cleaner and an old tooth brush will fix her right up.

Also had a throttle body with a broken throttle shaft, rare but worth looking at....

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Sounds like the bike went into limp mode, have the dealership come pick up the bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts