Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 fltrx, I recently installed thunderheader dragos 565 cams. After having it dyno tuned every now and then when i pull in clutch when coming to a stop the engine will die,it starts right back up. He spent about 7 hours tuning the bike and it runs great other than the stalling. Do you guys think this is a tuning issue or sensor issue like crank position sensor? thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
What is the idle speed set at? May be it is to low.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just shooting from the hip here but I had sort of the same thing happen on my 06 about 1500 miles after new cams and pipes, and a custom map. Roll up to a stop sign and the bike would die, then start right back up? We chased the problem for a while until I figured out that it only did it when the fuel level was below 1/2 tank. Turns out I had a pin hole in the plastic line running between the fuel filter and the fuel pump. "The short line". Found this trying to figure out if the problem was fuel related. The fuel pump would "Hiss" when energized and when the fuel level was low, it would suck air, thus causing the stall. Never got any codes or engine light of any kind. I replaced the line with the pin hole in it and several thousand miles later I have not had any problems at all. Remove your gas cap and energize your fuel pump and listen for a hissing sound down in the tank. Make sure tank is low on fuel so the the line will be exposed above the fuel level. Worth a try. Good Luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good Luck. Hope it's a simple fix whatever it is!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did not do it before tune, as much as i hate to pay for another shop to do another tune, probably what i will do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts