Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused:Started last week and changed the air filter ,was in need but that didn't help. After the bikes gets a little hot and i come to a stop the idle starts to fluxuate + - a couple hundred rpms. Now when i give a little gas it stutters a little and completely dies. Somtimes it will bog down for a secound and regain proper rpms. I don't have the cylinder deactivication enabled so its not that. Its in the shop right now ,just wondering if anyone else has experianced this before:mad:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I noticed my 09 doing the same kind of thing on my way home from work today. It didn't stall but when I would come to a red light it sounded like it could. It was enough to cause me to rev it up a bit to take off. It almost seemed like it was loading up a bit so I tried riding it a little harder. The oil temp gauge was at 220.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds familar , started very sutble and got worse pretty quick. I tried reving it and that worked for awhile. But after a week then just bogged the engine when i reved it and stalled it . All in the intersection at this point :eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 07 doing the same thing. When i come to a stop the rpm drops to 800-900 and stalls. It starts right back up, but i find myself trying to keep it around 1000 rpm when i come to a stop.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Hmmmm

These symtoms sound familiar but different at the same time. Mine is stalling once in a while when I start it first thing in the morning. It did it at the HD shop on the first service and then didn't do it again till I was out on the road. Now it's done it about 4 times. It hadn't thrown any codes when it happened at the shop, and it does start back up on the first try at this point, but still makes me wonder what's up. It's going in for the 5K soon, as in the next week or so, I am going to have them check it out again.

M

·
0 Posts
Hi watchdog, I agree with you. I really love mine because in once it warmed up, it will be last longer. :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have tried riding my 09 a little higher in the rpm range closer to 3000 than 2000 and I noticed a little improvement when I wait for a light in gear holding the clutch lever in. It made a big difference when I was in neutral. I have noticed there is more slack in the clutch cable when it's cold. I wonder if the heat can create extra drag on the clutch like its not all the way pulled in.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shop is going to change my throttle postion sensor. No codes but they have had a few 09 in and this corrected the problem. Im hoping it works as it is prime riding season for us up here and its been 3 weeks and i've got maybe a hour in :(

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well they changed throttle sensor and i thought they had it fixed,so i took it for a good run an hour and coming home it starts to fluxuate the rpms and stall at the next light . So i'm sitting in the garage trying to figure out what is triggering it .As
soon as i put it in gear it stalls , if i leave it in nuetral it runs a little better . Any help appreciated as i'm taking it in first thing in the morning

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is one that after everthing else is checked try this. Had a PC installed when i bought the bike worked fine and there was a great spot laying flat and easy access when i had the stock seat on it. I bought a Corbin and the 1/8 line going from the key lock to the back of the seat was riding over the PC . After time me bouncing around and taking some heavy loads on it , there was a small indentation on the PC . Long story short is watch where the PC is under the seat bought a new one and they placed it vertical and bike is back to it self pulling hard.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well they changed throttle sensor and i thought they had it fixed,so i took it for a good run an hour and coming home it starts to fluxuate the rpms and stall at the next light . So i'm sitting in the garage trying to figure out what is triggering it .As
soon as i put it in gear it stalls , if i leave it in nuetral it runs a little better . Any help appreciated as i'm taking it in first thing in the morning[/QUOT

maybe clutch adjustment! sure sounds like it to me could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 07 that will occasionally die when brought to idle on hot days after long cruises. Has happened twice now. Last time was today after a 90 minute highway ride in mid 90's temps. Stopped for gas and rolled in to the station in steath mode ( engine dead). After getting gas and a drink she fired right up, but idle was very low. Had to keep blipping the thottle to keep her running. When back on the highway she ran fine. Had cruise set about 75 mph before the fuel stop.
Anyone have any ideas????

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
goose,
Need to know more about your bike before anyone can make an educated guess. Has anything been done to the motor, does it have a tuning device, mileage, so on. Some 07 did have IAC (idle air control) problems , but was not the norm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mocotom
Its a 2007 fltr, with a D&D 2 into 1 exhaust, K&N airfilter (cleaned last week) SE race tuner, 32k miles, all fluids and spark plugs changed at 29K miles (6 weeks ago).
The first time it stalled was last summer, after a long highway run, hasn't done it again till yesterday.
I'm not real concerned about it, unless it start happening more often.
But with the summer riding season coming up, something tells me it will happen again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stalling...

Goose,
Check your throttle stop! It's a small set screw that's adjusted at the factory and they have been known to back out. Just look at your throttle cable "cam lobe" behind the breather. Look in from the front of the bike while blipping the throttle (engine off) and see if it comes to rest on the small set screw... assuming yours is still there and if in fact it's come loose.
Note: With a loose set screw, usually the resulting symptom is a high idle!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just finally got mine fixed, it was doing the same thing.
i tried tps, fuel filter, tempurature sensor, ecm.
finally changed out crank sensor and cam sensor
it runs now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts