Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a 2013 CVO Road Glide. The 110 is stock with a TTS Master Tune and I'm running RB Racing Pipes. I also have a 2008 S&S 117 EVO (carbureted) with Branch O'Keefe heads and Cams. It's currently in my 96 Fatboy and the bike is POWERFUL. The S&S hasn't always been reliable but I think a higher torque starter will fix the problem. I'm considering a swap. I'd like to know what modifications I may need to make to do the swap. Any advise to help me make a decision is also appreciated.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Build the 110 up. Leave the Fatboy alone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Why would you consider a swap?

Agree with Big_gary...use the 110 as your platorm. A lot of good engine builders sponsor this site...I'm sure they can provide you good information. JMO

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
+ 1 on the previous posts.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
The 117 S&S will not work in the RG. The reason why is the motor mount location are different on both engines.
The RG engine is a "A" style engine and the S&S engine is a "B" style engine. The "A" style engine is used in all touring models and the "B" style engine is used in all softail models.
Also the trans bolt up different.
Building the 110 is your best option.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 117 S&S will not work in the RG. The reason why is the motor mount location are different on both engines.
The RG engine is a "A" style engine and the S&S engine is a "B" style engine. The "A" style engine is used in all touring models and the "B" style engine is used in all softail models.
Also the trans bolt up different.
Building the 110 is your best option.
Well, it looks like there's no decision to make. The S&S stays in the Fatboy.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
If that starter(or starter clutch)is in need of attention, then perhaps the electric release's are not working properly.
That 117" can easily produce 125-130/135-138 in very tame form, if wanted.:)
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts