Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to hop on the bike today and turned the ignition switch and nothing. I noticed Enter Pin flashing in the millage display. I went and got my other key fob and the same thing. Whazzzzzzzzzzzzz Uppppppppppppp? Are both my key fobs batteries dead of it this something else? Thanks in advance for the help. I know, I'm lazy and didn't so a bunch of searches on the site.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I went to hop on the bike today and turned the ignition switch and nothing. I noticed Enter Pin flashing in the millage display. I went and got my other key fob and the same thing. Whazzzzzzzzzzzzz Uppppppppppppp? Are both my key fobs batteries dead of it this something else? Thanks in advance for the help. I know, I'm lazy and didn't so a bunch of searches on the site.
How old is the bike? The first thing I would check is the battery in the bike, it should be at 12.7V, across the terminals, then check the batteries in the fobs. Chances are they did not go dead at the exact same time, but check them anyway.

·
Registered
862 Posts
First thing I would check is what the hell is wrong with the turn signals. You're supposed to have to hit both of them immediately after turning on the ignition to get to the PIN prompt ... So if it's jumping there all by itself - Sum Ting Wong!

Reactions: ALMOONEY

·
Registered
783 Posts
What year is your bike?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
First thing I would check is what the hell is wrong with the turn signals. You're supposed to have to hit both of them immediately after turning on the ignition to get to the PIN prompt ... So if it's jumping there all by itself - Sum Ting Wong!
no, if it's a rushmore bike, then it will show enter pin in the odometer if you turn the ignition on.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could be that both fob batteries were dead or that the antenna came unplugged or was just not picking up the signal.
As soon as I get off work I'm going to see what I can find, I was just looking for suggestions on where to start.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
As soon as I get off work I'm going to see what I can find, I was just looking for suggestions on where to start.
Start with the 50 cent fob battery before anything else. Yes, both fob batteries were probably installed at the same time and probably died around the same time.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
or the battery in your 'spare' fob died long ago, and you just never used it so didn't know.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Start with the 50 cent fob battery before anything else. Yes, both fob batteries were probably installed at the same time and probably died around the same time.
Well I went home and got my FOB, went to the garage turned the ignition and it started right up. No Enter PIN flashing. I checked both FOBs and they both worked. I checked he voltage of the batteries and they were both 2.88 volts. So I replaced both batteries and will check in the morning. Thanks my brothers for all the advice.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Glad to hear that it went back to acting normal. Sounds to me like either the fob batteries are weak or your bike was just being picky at that particular moment. You would laugh if you could watch us in the shop try to pull customer’s bikes in sometimes. Waving fobs in the air and all over the bike trying to get it to recognize it.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Had this happen as well. Worked, didn't, worked, then pin... Replace the fob batteries. No problem since.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to hear that it went back to acting normal. Sounds to me like either the fob batteries are weak or your bike was just being picky at that particular moment. You would laugh if you could watch us in the shop try to pull customer’s bikes in sometimes. Waving fobs in the air and all over the bike trying to get it to recognize it.
I usually put it in the left glove box, must of had bad juju this morning. It didn't want to go out in the cold this morning.

·
Registered
2020 H-D FLTRX Road Glide
947 Posts
Could have been electrical interference, that is no longer in the area. For example portable ham radio with high power amp.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's a 2016 RGU and I replaced the battery a couple of months ago. I didn't have time to trouble shoot this morning as I had to get to work.
I ent thru a similar thing years ago put in new battery started acting up dealer said could be a bad battery I was going to get another battery got to the shop had a flash my H-D tender was 8 years old replaced with new all fixed

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ent thru a similar thing years ago put in new battery started acting up dealer said could be a bad battery I was going to get another battery got to the shop had a flash my H-D tender was 8 years old replaced with new all fixed
[/QUOTE
Oh forgot battery was fine

·
Registered
431 Posts
Put new batteries in the FOBs. Go,from there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts