Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the entire horn from my RG, I can get everything off except the rubber mounted bolt that is attached to the engine mounted bracket (if that makes sense). Any help? Has anyone done this?

Oh and yes I have a repair manual it just states how to remove horn but not the entire assembly.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I always remove the horn on my bikes. Takes too much time to find it and not hit the headlight. My horn is my throttle hand.

Getting that rubber isolator off is always difficult. Last time I double nutted the exposed stud, put a wrench on it and at the same time used channel lock wrench on the rubber part.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
The last 2x's I changed out my horn that damn isolator ripped apart and I had to drill out the center not all the way through but it got it hot enough that the thread locker that was used loosened up and it came out.
When I traded the bat wing in I just bolted the horn directly to the mount which placed the horn right against the v of the engine. They didn't notice and I didn't tell. This time I'm not getting rid of my shark, she's here to stay !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts