Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I had a 13" dark LRS Mako on my 2013 FLTRU. Loved it. Now I'm buying a 2017.

Would be interested to know what size LRS windshield people are buying who have made the same transition.

The folks at LRS want me to measure, which I will do if I have to, but I'm traveling and hope to have it waiting for me when I return.

Any help appreciated....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 17 and my 11" lrs thresher is working great for me....along with a cvo solo seat....still looks good too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6'2"...34" inseam
Interesting. I just measured it out at a 12 for me. (5'9", 32 inseam). Guidance from LRS is to measure from the top of the vent to your upper lip.

I got off the plane, ubered directly over to Glendale HD and had a parts guy help me measure with a tape measure and the whip antenna from the rental 2017 FLTRU I sat on, LOL.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Interesting. I just measured it out at a 12 for me. (5'9", 32 inseam). Guidance from LRS is to measure from the top of the vent to your upper lip.

I got off the plane, ubered directly over to Glendale HD and had a parts guy help me measure with a tape measure and the whip antenna from the rental 2017 FLTRU I sat on, LOL.
I didn't really measure....I wanted to keep a low windshield for the looks and went with a guess....for the price ($63 shipped) I figured I could always go taller if I needed to....with a cvo solo and the 11" shield.....really works well for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't really measure....I wanted to keep a low windshield for the looks and went with a guess....for the price ($63 shipped) I figured I could always go taller if I needed to....with a cvo solo and the 11" shield.....really works well for me.
Clearly I missed that deal, paid $109 including shipping to Michigan.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I measured and rounded up to 13. Love it. Makes me sit up straight if I want to look over it, or a slouch to look through it. No hunting up and down to get away from the edge. I went with light tint so I can use it at night. 5'4" short and 32 inseam. Would think about a 15 to hide behind for cross country.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
5' 9", stock seat. I have the 11" Stingray. See over it most the time except when cresting a steeper hill.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Be sure to let us know how you like it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts