Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok kids. It's that time. My 2013 fltrx is up in a few weeks and I'm trying to establish is anyone has had issues with a non harley extended warranty sold by a harley dealer. Says it's the same, covered everything with a $00 deductible and can be used at any HD dealer.
I tried searching but most responses were a few years old. Has anyone done this recently and come across problems? I'm getting quoted over $1000 less for a 5 year with tire coverage than the HD plan. Do dealers HAVE to take the plan?
You DO get credit if you sell the bike, or you can transfer the warranty with it.
Www.discountESP.com is the site. This is a HD dealer selling the product. Thanks in advance.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
2,339 Posts
Kutter HD is a good dealer. I ride up there once in a while. That's where I got my Daymakers.

That's a good price for an additional 5 years. And the nice thing is, they don't disguise the 5 years like most ESP providers do. It spell it out that it's 5 years after the factory warranty runs out.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I bought from Kutters warranty 3 months ago to cover 2009 RG CVO. Paid $800 for 2 years. $0 deductible. Just had a lifter go out an take out everything in the am chest to tune of $1300.00. Warranty covered everything an I paid no deductible. I also live in FL & bought the bike in FL. Had no problems getting the work covered. TJ316 also uses Kutters warranty

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dire, that is the info I need. Gonna make the call Monday to order it.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I liked the looks of it except we do a lot of traveling with the bike. The money they pay towards hotels does not compare to the ESP that is HD endorsed. A couple nights in a hotel once or twice and all savings would have gone up in smoke. It's a great warranty if you're not worried about breaking down on the road.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good points - thanks for the insight

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
100 Posts
I liked the looks of it except we do a lot of traveling with the bike. The money they pay towards hotels does not compare to the ESP that is HD endorsed. A couple nights in a hotel once or twice and all savings would have gone up in smoke. It's a great warranty if you're not worried about breaking down on the road.
But when your traveling don't you expect to spend the night some where? You may be short on the miles but if they put you up in a motel that is just one night you don't have to pick it up. Just sayin.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
But when your traveling don't you expect to spend the night some where? You may be short on the miles but if they put you up in a motel that is just one night you don't have to pick it up. Just sayin.
Unless it happens late enough that I can't cancel my reservation and still get billed for it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
ESP will not cover engine related failures even with a muffler change only, it's been reported. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling mine if that's true. Going to speak with the service manager next week.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am going to e-mail these people and ask them if that is the case.
Crank went out at 40,000 on my 09 and ESP would not cover it. I had cams and a tuner is all?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
ESP will not cover engine related failures even with a muffler change only, it's been reported. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling mine if that's true. Going to speak with the service manager next week.
You need a different service manager. I've yet to hear of ESP not covering if only the mufflers have been changed.

Mine covered a cam replacement and a stator with a stage one done on it with the SESPT on my old bike.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Service Mgr don't have a whole lot to do with esp. You need to call the esp rep. ESP and warranty are two different things.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got quoted $2550 for 5 years with tire and wheel at HD dealer yesterday. The esp is $1675 for the same coverage. Going to talk to dealer again when I pick her up tomorrow and see if there is some wiggle room.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It seems as of late ESP sends a rep out to see if any modifications have been performed, and authorize repairs before work is started. So I doubt a service manager is going to have his techs remove modified parts and install stock ones at his expense. The ESP agreement clearly states the policy is void for exhaust changes.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Got quoted $2550 for 5 years with tire and wheel at HD dealer yesterday. The esp is $1675 for the same coverage. Going to talk to dealer again when I pick her up tomorrow and see if there is some wiggle room.
They all have wiggle room on the ESP how much they wiggle if they wiggle at all is up to the dealer. The dealers that won't wiggle are much more common then those that do but keep looking and you'll find one. I went to five dealers before I found that knocked 15% off pretty much with no prodding at all.

One thing about 3rd party ESP's find out if they're unlimited mileage or not. My friend bought one through his credit union and while it paid when it was supposed to with no hassle it only went to 100k while the MOCO's is unlimited mileage. Of course if your mileage isn't near that or won't be during the warranty period it's a non-issue.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my 2013 has 5k miles. Dealer would not wiggle at all. He talked about taking a few hundred off, but only if I dropped the tire coverage?!? WTF? He also sounded too much like a used car salesman, talking shizz about the ESP. When I asked if he took it, he said he didn't think so. He lied. Too bad because I bought my bike there too, they are loosing my biz. I talked to Jim at the ESP today, and this is what he said about exhaust coverage:
"I can understand your hesitation, however this contract reads the same way as the CNA administered plan in terms of aftermarket upgrades. As long as the failure isn’t a result of the upgrades, the covered repair will still be covered. There are not that many STOCK motorcycles on the road, so if a pair of slip-ons voided the coverage, the company wouldn’t even be able to stay in business."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.