Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2013 RGU to my mechanic for some warranty work, voltage was dropping and hard to start. New battery, (500 CCA), stator, voltage regulator, primary bearing/race, gasket & fluids.
Part & fluids $740.75
Labor $400.00
Tax @ 9%. $66.67
Total. $1207.42
Extended warranty program covered $1073.86, so my final bill was $133.56. Guess you could say the ESP has already paid for itself, in a matter of speaking. Had this bike just under 3 years and just under 14,000 miles. Still have 2 years left on warranty but if it keeps up this way think I might trade up before warranty goes out.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
It should have been only $50 bucks. Your INDY screwed you because he isn't a real mechanic, he just replace everything in the charging system instead of finding the real problem.
It is highly unlikely that the stator, voltage regulator and the battery goes out at the same time. Chances are your only problem was the voltage regulator which is a very common problem with the newer HD touring models.
Find a new mechanic because this one is just a parts swapper which means he swap out parts until the problem goes away and he isn't smart enough to find the real problem.

JMO:wink:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're correct on the $50 deductible, the battery was out of pocket. He used some of the labor cost to offset the price of the battery which was about $180. I was initially told $230 out the door, 180+50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.