Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I just wanted to make sure we have maximum visibility on the M&G down in Arkansas. It's coming up very soon! Friday May 16 to Sunday May 18.

Here's the original thread for your reference: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=120273

Host hotel information:
Primary host hotel will be:
Rider's Rest Motel
4092 E. Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR
(479) 253-9815
http://www.ridersrestmotel.com/

Here're our plans:
- Most of us are arriving sometime Friday. We'll all try to meet at the Cathouse Friday evening: http://www.cathouselounge.com Time is approximate. Let's say sometime between 5 to 7PM.

- Saturday Breakfast: The Roadhouse. http://www.theroadhouserestaurant.com The place opens at 08:00. Meet at the restaurant by 07:45 so we can be the first ones in. We'll plan to leave for the ride, KSU at 09:00.

- We've got a proposed day long ride for Saturday. I'll post the link to the route I planned on Harley Ride Planner. We'll see if that works. It's a run down to Mt. Magazine down Hiway 21, about 3 hours; stop for lunch at the The Skycrest Restaurant at the Lodge at Mt Magazine http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.co...staurant.aspx; then head back up to Eureka Springs via Hiway 23 (Pig Trail), again about 3 hours. http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...1&locale=en_US

- Dinner Saturday Night at the Caribe restaurant in Eureka Springs. We're thinking of reservations at 7PM. http://www.yelp.com/biz/caribe-resta...eureka-springs. If you'd like to have a drink or two at the restaurant, I still have the business card for 'Allure Limousine Service'. This is the famed pink limo that we used last time. It's a pretty good deal @ $5/head.

- Sunday: Breakfast on your own and head home.

Attendees so far:
JayKS + wife(Pam)
zman + LadyZ
Bill H
Faststan
txflyer
BluChevyPickup + wife
Arkieglide + wife
tdkkart + wife
ONG

Very much looking forward to this. Y'all join in if you can!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Man I hate I can't make it this year. Great riding over there and I found some roads last time I didn't have time to ride.

One thing about the ride to the Caribe, the guy that runs the Riders Rest will give you a ride to and from as well in his pickup if there's not room in the pink limousine.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Hey Jay, the Mudstreet Café site says they don't open till 8am. Is that gonna be too late or do we have an early seating arrangement?
We could head for The Roadhouse. It also opens at 8:00, but it is on the way to Highway 21. Could save a bit of time. That was where we all ended up on Sunday for breakfast last year.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We could head for The Roadhouse. It also opens at 8:00, but it is on the way to Highway 21. Could save a bit of time. That was where we all ended up on Sunday for breakfast last year.
Good catch, Arkieglide.

ONG, I'm good with the Roadhouse. I do remember eating there last time. So let's say everyone meets there no later than 08:00 and KSU from there no later than 09:00

How's that work for everyone?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
SLACKER!

Hello, McFly!

Post up the roads, if they are on the way back to St. Louis, I'll ride them for you and tell you all about them :rolleyes::D:p
Dont remember the road numbers ONG but Ill check when I get home Thursday. Great roads, some of the best over there!!

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
I will be bringing another friend and roadglide as well. Harley.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well guys, I was chosen for jury duty today and have been assigned to a civil trial expected to last two or three weeks, so I have turned into a big doubtful.
The court officer says it's the longest trial on their schedule. How did I get so lucky?

Hope to see y'all another time.

Have fun, I know you will.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Well guys, I was chosen for jury duty today and have been assigned to a civil trial expected to last two or three weeks, so I have turned into a big doubtful.
The court officer says it's the longest trial on their schedule. How did I get so lucky?
Hope to see y'all another time.
Have fun, I know you will.

You haven't figured out how to get out of jury duty??
Tell them you're pregnant and have terrible morning sickness.

No, I don't skip out, as a matter of fact I wouldn't mind doing it and I've never been called. Probably because I'm a registered independent.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
You haven't figured out how to get out of jury duty??
Tell them you're pregnant and have terrible morning sickness.

No, I don't skip out, as a matter of fact I wouldn't mind doing it and I've never been called. Probably because I'm a registered independent.
I usually just walk in and say "looks guilty to me, let's just hang the sumbitch!":eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Are you planning to ride Rt 62, heading west out of Eureka Springs, or whatever that road is that's curvy? My folks were just down there and told me about it. “Biker's Heaven" is what Mom called it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Are you planning to ride Rt 62, heading west out of Eureka Springs, or whatever that road is that's curvy? My folks were just down there and told me about it. “Biker's Heaven" is what Mom called it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Every road around Eureka Springs is "curvy". The City of Eureka Springs makes note of the fact that there are NO 90 degree corners in the city. US-62 is just one. There are several that are just as much fun. Come on down and join the party.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Roads

Post up the roads, if they are on the way back to St. Louis, I'll ride them for you and tell you all about them :rolleyes::D:p
OK Tim I looked up those roads. If you're headed back to St. Louis take 62 east to Yellville then take SR 14 south or east I suppose (even numbers are supposed to run east and west) toward Harriet. Stay on 14 past Harriet and through Big Flat till you get to SR 341. Take 341 (also known as Push Mountain Road) north through the Ozark National Forrest about 25 miles to Norfolk. Turn right on SR 5 and go south to SR 56. Take 56 east about 25 miles to SR 289 north to Glencoe and pickup 62. If by this point you are about curved out you can stay straight on 56 to Ash Fork and get 62 there.

When I was coming home last year I rode the western half of this ride apparently missing the best part, 341 through the Ozark National Forrest. I was riding with Arkie coming from 65 and he turned heading towards home when I stumbled on these incredible roads. It was Sunday and I was low on gas and I didn't know what was available so I turned at Harriet (I believe) and rode the western part coming out at Yellville. From what I did ride I do know the traffic is sparse and you can shag ass just watch for wild life, they say there are lots of elk in the area! :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts