Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we left Michigan, (and Bertha) for Toronto, to begin our trip to Europe. Doesn't she look sad sitting in the garage just knowing that we're going to be renting a newer bike in Germany for our Alpine vacation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We may have saved$1000.00 by flying from Toronto instead of Detroit, but the flight sucked either way! I thought I'd get an isle seat so I could have more leg room, ( I'm 6'2" 260lbs) but the 767 had 2 exit rows over the wing with the first one directly in front of the second one. Because of its location in front of the second one, the seats in the first row DON'T RECLINE! So, 8 hours in a cramped upright position later, we arrived in Frankfurt. The first picture was in the team out to the terminal, the next two, on approach to Frankfurt. Does it look like it was fun?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We arrived in Frankfurt on Saturday, but couldn't pick the bike up until Tuesday since the shop was closed, so we explored Heidelberg with the brother in law and his girls. Of course no pictures of Heidelberg would be complete with out the castle and a couple of weissenbiers¡

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On Tuesday we picked up a 2016 Rushmore road glide at Rhein-Neckar HD, in ludwigshafen for our trip South to the Alps. Looks sweet, but Bertha she ain't. The folks there were more than helpful. If you're planning a bike trip thru Europe though, I recommend either leaving your helmet at home if it's a DOT helmet, because only Snell or TUV approved helmets are allowed. If you have a nolan or other good helmet them it may be worth it to bring it along. we did bring our Bell pit boss helmets, which are good for Germany but not approved for Austria or Italy. The rental helmets suck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing your miles of memories with us....Stationed in Ausburg with a EOD detachment back in the day 86-89...Love me some German BEER...Prost.
Best duty ever other than my R&R stay in Makarska, Croatia....Simply beautiful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts