Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Received my 12" Gunsmoke Windvest shield today. Went for a one hour ride and what a difference from both the stock shield and my 12' Windsplitter. I"m 6' w/34" inseam using the stock seat and my head & ears were in a calm air pocket no mattter what speed I was going. The faring vents were closed for this test ride. Sitting straight up on my RGS the top of the shield is even with my upper lip.

Riding with a half helmet and ear plugs, I could clearly hear the radio up to and including a speed of 75mph. (At freeway speeds I did have the radio turned up to three quarters it's volume without distortion).

All in all Doug did a great job. It's height and tint look great on my blue RGS.

regards,

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I do not own a digital camera. On Windvest's website they depict a 12" gunsmoke shield on a blue RGS.

regards,

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sitting upright (no slouch) the top of the shield is even with my upper lip and I easily see over it.

regards,

·
Registered
29 Posts
so is it a keeper or are you going to try any others? I think I'm same size as you and torn between windiest and clockworks..

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just got my 10" WV the other day. Haven't been able to get out with the snow. I prefer the looks of the WV over KW.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so is it a keeper or are you going to try any others? I think I'm same size as you and torn between windiest and clockworks..
Yes, my Windvest is a keeper. Planning to sell my other shields (and other HD items) at my local dealer's swap meet in Jan.

regards,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok,i got the 12 inch and did 200 miles this weekend. I can see over it and it works well. Part of me wishes i could try a 10 as well because then im pretty sure that would make me say the 12 is perfect

Im keeping it

Thanks rsmith for your feedback. Helped me pull the trigger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts