Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.
So as my topic states. Every fourth tooth on my drive belt is missing half of the tooth on the outside facing away from the tire. Nothing caught in my pulley but the belt is effed. Only have 16k on the bike. I Know I have to change the belt, should I change the pulley too? Has anyone ever seen a belt do this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
I haven't seen it but anything can happen. Being that the belt has a problem every 4th tooth I would look at the front pulley being the problem not the rear pulley.
If you still have a warranty on the bike roll the dice and take the bike to the HD dealer for repairs. If the front pulley is broke it should be covered under warranty and the damaged belt should be cover too.
If there was another issue that caused the belt damage such as a rock stuck in the pulley then you will have to cough up the money for the repairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my 13 roadglide with only 5K miles. It was caused by a small chunk of asphalt stuck in the pulley. Have 15K miles on the same belt now but will probably change it soon for piece of mind as I am taking a long trip soon
I tried to get it warrantied but Harley shot it down,

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Be interesting to see if an adjuster will give the ok even if it's collateral.

And for your peace of mind, seen quite a few with over 100k and pulling fine.

As Fe Mark saying, how many dice you rolling?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts