Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently running Drago Bike Works S/C/S 4's with a 2.5 baffle...... I like the system. However, I've recently considered the V&H Monster Ovals. I would like to go for more of a true bagger look and sound. This is a 2010 FLTRX with 58,450mi.

Just so you know, I'll be going to a 107 kit with minor head work before long and I thought the Ovals would work well with that system.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
I have the monster rounds on my bike and I really like the sound. The mufflers are not real loud when riding but they bark good when getting on the throttle or when pulling hills. I went with the monster rounds because I wanted to quiet down the bike so long rides would be more comfortable on my old eardrums, also it makes it easier to hear the sound system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had some Monster Ovals a while back. They sounded great except they had a drone at cruising speeds that made my head split. Had to get rid of them. That's just my experience. A lot of people love them.

Another thing to keep in mind when choosing pipes for your engine upgrade is baffle size. When doing my due diligence for my build (noted in my sig), I talked to Drago, Fuel Moto, and the people a V&H. The consensus was to keep my baffle size in the 1.75-2.0" range. It takes a lot of motor to need a 2.5+ baffle. If you go too big you will give up a lot of bottom end and will move the torque curve too far to the right. I've got my dyno posted in the dyno section. I'm using a 2" baffle.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.