Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my misspent youth, I came up with many reasons to not exercise. I would tell people that it was ad for your health or eat right, be fit, die anyway. Late last year, I decided to start eating better and exercising with a personal trainer to start getting in a shape other than round. Was going pretty good until last week and had a personal trainer that was keeping me in check. But a double hernia over the weekend just ended it all for the time being. I always knew that Exercising is Dangerous to Your Health! ER Doc suggested that it most likely came from what my trainer had me doing and pushing myself to do better. So, for now, I am relegated to walking or riding a bike. Surgery is needed, but will try to push off to after Shark Week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hang in there Zinc. You at least need to stay fit enough for this falls meet & greet.
I tried the eat better part and was almost run over by a bus when I was leaving the health food store.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Damn. Hope ya get better quick.

When I started my journey I suffered a debilitating injury. Massive explosion of L4-5. To the point the nerve damage almost xost me my leg. I was refusing surgery. I kept my diet clean. Had the surgery and then surpassed every hurdle the doctors put in my way. That pic of me skinny. Is after. I did this mid way Zinc.

Injuries are a sign you're trying. I use them as challenges. And you seen my now pics. Don't give up. Get angry. Get motivated. But don't give in. You're not that far of a ride. And now that you're injured I think I could kick your ass. Lol.

Heal up buddy. Keep losing weight. Eat right. And do more cardio. Light cardio.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Damn Zincie Pooh........sorry to hear - For light impact high result cardio, find a Town Rec Center with a Gym, hit a treadmill, jack up the incline and just walk - Easy on the knees and joints and gives you great results - Or, find a pool and swim your ass off.

Either way....feel better man.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Praying for ya Zinc; hope things work out so that you can make SW, but most of all, that you get well and fit. Take care man!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Good luck Zink. Don't give up on the fitness stuff, but maybe dial it back a little. I did the single hernia thing a few years back. Hate to tell you, but a couple of days after the surgery are going to HURT! Just take it easy and don't let anyone tell you you're bullet proof after the surgery. They can come back again.

Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hang in there and don't give up. As RonC26 said, pull back a little bit. Push yourself to soreness not to injury, and tell your trainer that! ;)

Heal fast. See you at Sharkweek

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@08Zinc what's up? How is this going?
Hey John, the double hernia killed me as far as ability to keep up what I was doing in the gym. It was either quit working on my core or go through surgery. Unfortunately, it also killed my motivation and I reverted back to not working out and eating bad, to an extent. It sucks and I really need to start walking at least. Time is the other limiting factor as the wife is back on chemo, her long term care insurance quit paying the 10 hrs a week (she worked 30 hrs/week). And she has so many doctor appointments that she can't get in 40 hrs/week. I'm working or traveling seemingly around the clock so that I can go to chemo with her and be supportive. So, I get home, eat, and go to bed to do it all over again.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hey John, the double hernia killed me as far as ability to keep up what I was doing in the gym. It was either quit working on my core or go through surgery. Unfortunately, it also killed my motivation and I reverted back to not working out and eating bad, to an extent. It sucks and I really need to start walking at least. Time is the other limiting factor as the wife is back on chemo, her long term care insurance quit paying the 10 hrs a week (she worked 30 hrs/week). And she has so many doctor appointments that she can't get in 40 hrs/week. I'm working or traveling seemingly around the clock so that I can go to chemo with her and be supportive. So, I get home, eat, and go to bed to do it all over again.
Aw man. Hope all is well with the wife. None of that other shit matters right now. Been through it with my wife. Do your best to not get too out there she needs you.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Get well soon...hernia surgery is not bad at all and the recovery was quicker than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts