Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently when I was moving my bike the pipes were still hot and the sweats I had on burnt into the head pipe. Any suggestions on how to get it off??

Attachments

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I have been using good old SOS pads from the kitchen for years on stubborn stains,etc. on chrome/exhaust. Use plenty of water with the SOS pad and that stain will be gone in no time with no ill effects on the chrome.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Try finger nail polish remover (acetone) soak rag and lay on, MC (methlyene chloride)which is in grafedy (sp) remover will take off to with no Cr damage...easy on the sos pad and use popcikle stick

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Try Blue Job Chrome Polish.
Check the video for it on You Tube.
Search bluejobchromepolish. It's a little long but pretty amazing stuff.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I spray WD40 on OOOO steel wool. Get the pipe warm and clean the area. Let the pipe cool a little and clean with damp micro towel. Works great !!!

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I use Turtle Wax chrome polish. Works for me (until i blacked out my exhaust). Been using it for years.:D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Go to Ace Hardware and get some bronze wool. Heat the pipes up a bit to soften the spot up. Then put some polish on the bronze wool for lubrication and that stuff will come right off with no effort. The bronze wool will not scratch chrome. Steel wool can leave very fine scratch marks behind.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Left the oven cleaner on overnight and the burnt stuff wiped right off the next day. Thanks everybody

1 - 17 of 17 Posts