Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 road glide special and had V&H fishtail slip ons installed ( mostly for the look). I have not even taken it for a ride yet. My question is what after market exhaust have you installed whether a full system or slip ons etc? Have you installed an after market fuel pack, changed air filters, removed the catalytic converters, dealt with O2 sensors? Looking for your experience in this area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have done all as seen in my signature. Having a few issues with the newer version of the FP3 currently. But from what I gather it is hit or miss. Some have issues and some don't. I didn't have issues with the FP3 I had on my old bike. Overall though it has helped and like the setup I have. Better performance, power and throttle response. The issues I am having are connectivity and loss of populated green cells. I think the loss of cells is due to lack of memory as I auto tuned far beyond recommended timeframe. The recommended procedure as advised from V&H is to auto tune three 1hr segments. Apply settings after each 1hr run. Then "finish" and flash settings after the 3rd run. And no longer than one tank full. Keep track of progress by screen shotting each run so you know where to focus your next run.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I started with just a set of V&H slip-ons. No tuner needed for that. Later, I added an SE Heavy Breather and had the dealer do a stage 1 re-flash. Now that I've also added a decat stock header, I've gone to an FP-3 set for the aftermarket breather, V&H Power Duals and the Twin Slash Rounds slip-ons. Working very nicely here!

·
Registered
951 Posts
As my signature shows, I went with the V&H Power Duels/Hi Outputs, SE Heavy Breather, and the HD SE Race Tuner.

I have over 51K miles on the bike now and I've had no trouble with that setup. It may not be the "Fastest" or "Quickest" setup, but it does what I want it to and suits my riding profile.

I prefer to freeway cruise for distance and like to have plenty of power at that rpm range. I also like to have a bit of power for rapid acceleration when needed coming off the line, but that is not as important as the power when cruising.

My power band is set up for strong pulling from about 3K rpm to redline, which is just over 6K rpm.

·
Registered
523 Posts
SE Ventilator performance air cleaner, V&H Pro Pipe with the standard baffle, and SEPST smart tune.

Difference between now and stock is huge. Love it!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Cams and Heads will have a lot to do with how well your engine will breathe too.

Currently, I am using SE 110 heads and SE 255 cams.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Jackpot ceramic coated headers, jackpot mufflers, fuel moto intake, and power vision.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put on VH power duals, rinehart 4" slipped stage 1 breather used the HD pro tuner the bike runs a lot cooler and it gave me a good bump in performance

·
Registered
155 Posts
In my earlier days I did the whole nine yards on my bikes; engine build, cam, Pro Pipe, A/C, tuner, multiple dyno tunes, CAT removal, etc.....

Today I just want a non EPA compliant stong-running bike: On my RGS I went slip-ons, A/C filter, Power Vision w/auto tune.

regards,

·
Registered
336 Posts
First upgrade was V&H "Twin Slash" slip-ons, SE Stage I A/C and dealer flash. That helped it run a little better, but the stock headpipes ran WAY too hot. Installed the Freedom Performance true duals, with "Combat" mufflers. Followed that with the FP3. Runs cooler, and definitely pulls a little harder. And the sound of true duals dumping thunder behind you... Priceless! Experience and science say that a 2-into-1 pipe will provide more torque. I'm OK with my choice.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Tuner first. I use a Power Vision.

Then a FM backing plate and filter inside the stock housing. Open elements like the Ventilator look great, but are a liability in heavy rain.

Then a Fullsac DX pipe and stock CVO mufflers from Ebay.

The bike's quiet, looks stock, and has the EPA stamp on the mufflers. It runs great, sounds great, and gets good mileage. The couple of horsepower I may be leaving on the table are meaningless on a 900 pound touring bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a Dragula 2-1 and a Performance Machine air cleaner (mostly for looks, stock flows great). I had my bike dyno tuned by Ed at The Dyno Difference in Dallas, Tx.

I knew I wanted a 2-1 exhaust, I love the look and the low end torque. I knew I was going to have to have the bike tuned as well. I started researching and found a highly recommended tuner in my area and I talked to him.

He recommended the Drago's pipe. I did a bunch of research and liked what I saw and read... Called up Frank and ordered one. I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Caveman

·
Registered
80 Posts
Today I just want a non EPA compliant stong-running bike: On my RGS I went slip-ons, A/C filter, Power Vision w/auto tune.
How do you like the power vision? I'm looking to bump my '13 103. I figure after 27k miles at stock, I deserve it. :grin:

Just looking for thoughts from someone that actually uses one. Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How do you like the power vision? I'm looking to bump my '13 103. I figure after 27k miles at stock, I deserve it. :grin:

Just looking for thoughts from someone that actually uses one. Thanks.
I've used Power Commanders on my previous bikes with good results but I like the Power Vision w/auto tune even more, especially with the map provided by FM. It may cost a little more then a PC or other brand fuel management device but saving the cost of a dyno tune offsets it. If I'm getting a little less HP/TQ then a 3 hour dyno tune, I'm okay with that on a touring bike

regards,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts