Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2012 Road Glide, stock exhaust, and I fell upon a full system off of a Screamin Eagle for a couple hundred bucks, so I bought it. #1 whats the differance between the two exhaust?, and #2 can I just install the slip ons without any tuning issues?

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
As far as slipons go, you will be able to add them without a tuner, however if your going to do the slipons i would suggest a tuner and air cleaner Aka stage1. That will wake the bike up nicely. What year CVO did the complete exhaust come off of? I would assume by "complete" that you mean the head pipes too? If its off a 09 youll have the wrong O2 senser bungs, the pipes will still fit though. If pipes are off a '10 or newer you shouldnt have a problem. I would also recommend that you de-cat the head pipes too. That will help solve some or most of the heat issues the new bikes have

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Exhaust came off a 2012 CVO.

As far as slipons go, you will be able to add them without a tuner, however if your going to do the slipons i would suggest a tuner and air cleaner Aka stage1. That will wake the bike up nicely. What year CVO did the complete exhaust come off of? I would assume by "complete" that you mean the head pipes too? If its off a 09 youll have the wrong O2 senser bungs, the pipes will still fit though. If pipes are off a '10 or newer you shouldnt have a problem. I would also recommend that you de-cat the head pipes too. That will help solve some or most of the heat issues the new bikes have

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The only difference between the two is the mufflers. Both headpipes are the same with the catalytic converter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts