Road Glide banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was removing my exhaust this afternoon and one of the exhaust studs backed out instead of the nut coming off. It cam out clean and I know I just need to get a new stud, double nut it and re-install. But, I cannot find a torque value for the stud anywhere in the factory maintenance manual. Help!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was removing my exhaust this afternoon and one of the exhaust studs backed out instead of the nut coming off. It cam out clean and I know I just need to get a new stud, double nut it and re-install. But, I cannot find a torque value for the stud anywhere in the factory maintenance manual. Help!
I'm fairly sure that the torque value is 115-120 INCH REPEAT INCH pounds. NOT foot pounds. Maybe some of the other guys will chime in to correct, or add, to this.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Actually if you bottom out the exhaust stud in the head you may not have enough sticking out to get the exhaust nut on after the exhaust is installed.
I have had my exhaust stud come out when removing the nut and I just reuse the stud with no issues, if I bottom the stud out in the head and with the gasket, header and exhaust flange I couldn't get a full nut on the stud when I tighten the nut so I had to back the exhaust stud out some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.