Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd take a minute and share this since some of us get caught parking in the rain from time to time. My stock CVO seat is a sponge when it comes rain (water in general) and it takes days for it to dry out once it gets wet. I've tried the HD brand rain covers and to be honest they fit like shit and aren't worth the material they're made of. Recently while at the OBX bike week I found a company which makes seat rain covers that fit very well and they actually work and keeping everything dry. They make them for various seat configurations to fit solo, 2 up, rider backrest, tourpak, etc. The company is Exigent and they're out of PA. I paid $22 for the 2 up cover and will be ordering one for the solo configuration soon. I'd highly recommend to anyone looking for a quality made in USA seat cover that you give these guys a call (717)486-3238.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Once again this forum has cost me money . . .but this was a easy decision . . . . less than $30 to protect my custom seat . . . no brainier . . . thanks 93-331-29psi, placed my order with Jim moments ago! :cool::cool:

·
Registered
399 Posts
thanks for sharing. ive been looking into seat covers myself. we have a new forum sponsor that sells very quality seat covers , but they are around $100, so its nice to have an economical option.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
To be fair to the sponsor (King of Fleece) that charges $100, they are designed to be used all the time, not just when it is raining while your bike sits in the rain. I bought it because I ride all the time, not just when it is dry. And I can say without a doubt that you get what you pay for. If you want a dry seat all the time, spend the extra money. If you want a cover that keeps your seat dry while it rains or you are washing your bike, get the $20 version.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be fair to the sponsor (King of Fleece) that charges $100, they are designed to be used all the time, not just when it is raining while your bike sits in the rain. I bought it because I ride all the time, not just when it is dry. And I can say without a doubt that you get what you pay for. If you want a dry seat all the time, spend the extra money. If you want a cover that keeps your seat dry while it rains or you are washing your bike, get the $20 version.

Yes you're right and for me I didn't want to add a permanent cover.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
SplitWeight(tm) covers
13 Posts
Folks like what they like-I'm 100% good like that.

My covers are made to use while riding your bike in the rain. That idea seems sensible to me. They also keep the sun from hammering a nice expensive leather seat. They go on and off easy. And maybe most important, they are not slippery when wet.

Made in the USA in a certified factory.

There is always a different way to skin the cat. We all approach it from a different prospective. It's all good.
KoF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts