Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interesting issue with my 2011 RGU. The connecter for the passenger com port is not working. It seems one of the pin connecter has been pushed back and the only fix is to replace the main wiring harness. This repair well is taken care of by the dealer under ESP. Since the repair will require the removal of the inner and outer faring as well as the tank, seat, and tour pack, considering upgrading to day maker head lamps will it can be done without additional labor. My concern is that the day makers are only warrantee for a year and I do not want this to be an annual expense.

For those of you who have upgraded to the day makers, what is your experience with them needing to be replaced?

Also are there any additional improvement what any of you would recommend be done at the same time?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
There might be a little additional labor, but a good dealer would install for free if removing the inner and outer fairing anyway. There is one bracket that needs to be installed for the Daymakers, but it's no big deal since they are in there anyway.

If you have not upgraded your sound system this might be a good time as well.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Do you really think the MOCO is making a $700 headlight that will only last a year?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do you really think the MOCO is making a $700 headlight?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
So far I have yet to read of somebody having a Daymaker fail. That is not to say that it can't or won't happen, just that it is rare. Do the upgrade. They are a HUGE improvement over stock.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I've had my Daymakers for a little over 2 years now and zero problems.

Initially I had to aim them lower than the OEM lamps because the were illuminating upwards unnecessarily. Oncoming traffic routinely flashed me, thinking I had high beams on. Bet they were surprised when I hit the highs back at 'em.

I also added a Cee Bailey's shield over them. Don't want to lose one to road debris, since they are only sold in pairs.

Shop around and you can get them for 20% off retail.

·
Super Moderator
10,223 Posts
I've had my Daymakers in for over two years now.
I was run off the road and my glide had substantial damage but the Daymakers survived.
They are working like the day I installed them.
I was so impressed with the Daymakers that I purchased a set of the Daymaker Driving Lights.
I'm very happy with them lighting up the road in the dark, as I do a lot of night time riding.
Mike U.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have an interesting issue with my 2011 RGU. The connecter for the passenger com port is not working. It seems one of the pin connecter has been pushed back and the only fix is to replace the main wiring harness. This repair well is taken care of by the dealer under ESP. Since the repair will require the removal of the inner and outer faring as well as the tank, seat, and tour pack, considering upgrading to day maker head lamps will it can be done without additional labor. My concern is that the day makers are only warrantee for a year and I do not want this to be an annual expense.

For those of you who have upgraded to the day makers, what is your experience with them needing to be replaced?

Also are there any additional improvement what any of you would recommend be done at the same time?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I fixed pushed in pins on robotic equipment at GM plants all the time. All they really needed to do was either replace the pin or the socket. Either is much faster and cheaper than replacing the wiring harness.

I know that since you have ESP you don't mind, but if you didn't they would raping you...

Just wanted to make sure you know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Installed my daymakers in December 2012,0 issues,1000 time improvement! I drive on country roads at night and when I have them on brite I see fence to fence,see more than I want to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you who replied. The daymakers along with upgraded speakers and heated grips will be installed with the new wiring harness.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
So far I have yet to read of somebody having a Daymaker fail.
...... mine haven't 'failed', though they did blow a couple fuses early on
... took it back to installing dealer, they made it work & there's been no issue since

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had them on my 2011 Road Glide CVO installed in Dec '12. Traded in last week for a '15 Road Glide CVO. No problems with the Daymakers with 30K miles on them. They are a great addition to your Road Glide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts