Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Father's day is coming and I'm a hoping that my boys (4) get me something really cool for the special day :)

Anyway, I just overwhelmed with the options for extended bags out there! Seems like there are plenty of good options out there. With all that said, looks like topshop is the way to go. Opinions welcomed!

My real question/concern is for the exhaust cutout. I have the V&H big shot duals and the diameter is only 2.5". I'm worried that this would look pretty funny with the standard 4" cutout for the exhaust on these extended bags.

What have you guys done with such a small diameter exhaust and extended bags?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I bought fairing factory bags. Contrary to popular belief theyre not really that bad. I spent 3 hrs prepping them for paint and they were ready and straight.

Anyways, ive got klockwerks supersavers on my bike and it doesnt look goofy at all.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
How the cut out in the bags looks depends a lot on your rear fender also. BTW I have Top Shop bags and love them, my painter was extremely impressed also, almost no prep work at all and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

+4 for TopShop bags.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I bought fairing factory bags. Contrary to popular belief theyre not really that bad. I spent 3 hrs prepping them for paint and they were ready and straight.

Anyways, ive got klockwerks supersavers on my bike and it doesnt look goofy at all.
Depending on area, if you had to pay to get them preped that could have easily added $300 to your bill.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm really concerned that my exhaust won't fill the cutout in the bag/fender. I have the V&H long shots which are pretty small in diameter. I can't seem to find any pictures online with these pipes and extended bags.....I should of just bought the rhineharts! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Topshop can customize whatever you want. I have D&D and they're just right. Check out my "albums"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts