Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to add extended bags to my 13 Rg. Can't afford a rear fender right now. Anyone put ext. bags on a stock rear fender? And how did it look? Will add fender down the road just can't to it yet. Want those Extended bags though. Topshop, True fabrication?

· Registered
2,151 Posts
I added the Streetglide rear fascia with my extended bags. Yes, an aftermarket fender would look better though...

· Another ICON
13,711 Posts
Have you thought about getting a fender layover? It's much cheaper, and you cannot tell without looking really close. I have Top Shop bags with their fender layover, love it.

· Registered
2,151 Posts
These bags are BadDad 4.5" stretch. Extra room to pack crap for Sharkweek! :D
They still have to get polished but I have to wait until after Sharkweek.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
I wanted the extended bags for more room, and I really wanted the new style latch and hinge, so I got both, yes a matched up rear fender really makes a nice finished look, but I am happy with what I have for now.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Bike looks great, I like the pin striping. What kind of bags are they?
Thank you, the bags are Fairing Factory, they had a complete kit, bags, lids, and the new style hinges, and latches, which IMHO is a lot more user friendly than the old style, for a little over 1000 dead presidents. The fit and finish is not as good as Top Shelf or some of the others, but for the money, and a little work they are pretty decent. It is not a show bike, just a rider, so not being perfect was not a huge deal for me.

· Another ICON
13,711 Posts
Can I leave my 4 pt. docking kit on it to hold my girl on the back with the backrest I currently have?
I still have the 4pt docking, I'm able to use everything like OEM, I even had them cut the slots so I could still use the tri-bar.

· Another ICON
13,711 Posts

Attachments

· Another ICON
13,711 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,296 Posts
He has 2 or more of everything. Including an extra motor all he needs is another frame. Ohh wait ... I think he has another frame too :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.