Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done bags and kept the stock fender? If so, what did you go with and how about some pics?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I just did bag extensions, like the '09 SERG. Got some pics of my bike in my album, but nothing close up of the extensions

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anybody done bags and kept the stock fender? If so, what did you go with and how about some pics?
Rooster,

I don't know what direction you are going with the fender in the future but...I was saving to do bags and fender all at the same time and came across a set of Ness bags for about 500 less then retail. I bought them and since I did not want to drop the money right now to go ahead and do the fender with it, I bought a 7 inch fender extension with the dual cut outs in it from Dan Worth Customs for 137 bucks. He is on Ebay under the user name motorcyclepaint, his web site is www.motorcyclepaint.com and he has some pics of the fender extension on a few bikes. It is well made and looks great IMO. It and my bags are going to the painter in the next week so we will see how it turns out. I just wanted to through that out to you as an option.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rooster,

I don't know what direction you are going with the fender in the future but...I was saving to do bags and fender all at the same time and came across a set of Ness bags for about 500 less then retail. I bought them and since I did not want to drop the money right now to go ahead and do the fender with it, I bought a 7 inch fender extension with the dual cut outs in it from Dan Worth Customs for 137 bucks. He is on Ebay under the user name motorcyclepaint, his web site is www.motorcyclepaint.com and he has some pics of the fender extension on a few bikes. It is well made and looks great IMO. It and my bags are going to the painter in the next week so we will see how it turns out. I just wanted to through that out to you as an option.
Man, I was really liking that idea till I read the extension was for '08 and prior...:(

·
Registered
352 Posts
Man, I was really liking that idea till I read the extension was for '08 and prior...:(
He has 09 and newer listed on Ebay...and I thought it was listed that way on the web page too. Check him out on Ebay and send him a message. I am pretty sure he has both.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rooster,

I just checked Ebay, he has 2009 to present and 2008 and earlier listed for 137.
Thanks RWB,

I do believe that will be the route I will take. His bags are cheaper on Ebay than his website too. Hmmmm...

Now I just need to decide if I am going to do front and rear wheels or just the front with the bags covering the rear... it never ends!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks RWB,

I do believe that will be the route I will take. His bags are cheaper on Ebay than his website too. Hmmmm...

Now I just need to decide if I am going to do front and rear wheels or just the front with the bags covering the rear... it never ends!!
Yes Sir, I did the 21 front and 18 rear but I think the extended bags will cover the majority of the rear wheel. I figured if I did not do the rear wheel to that I would regret it but that would be a good chunk of change to go toward something else and you are right, it never ends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts