Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any pics of extended bags with the stock rear fender? or is it a nessesity to change out the fender right away too??

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If you are going to do it, do it right the first time. It is more cost effective and will definitely look correct.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
Here is a picture. I think it looks good. The cvo fender makes it look better but these bags make this bike below look a lot better. In my option the stock bags make the bike look like a pontoon boat.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/838235-stock-fender-and-cvo-or-extended-bags-pictures-2.html
I don't know man.........the exhaust openings are HUGE and make the whole bottom of that not look right. Plus the fact that the fascia and bag hight don't line up, which isn't helping it either

But that's just my input and really, what do I know :eek:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it looks 100% better with a fender but if money is tight it doesn't look horrible.

I ordered my cvo fender and bags this earlier this week. I thought about just doing the bags but if I'm going to be painting the bags candy orange I might as well just spend the cash on the fender now and paint all of it at the same time.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
I thought about just doing the bags but if I'm going to be painting the bags candy orange I might as well just spend the cash on the fender now and paint all of it at the same time.
^^^^this statement I like^^^^ some things you can do in stages, something's need the money saved to do everything at once and right :D

The priced paid to play the game :rolleyes:

·
Registered
614 Posts
IMO the only extended bags that look good with the stock fender are the CVO style bags. They are available from Eastern Performance for about 350 on EBay

Here is a picture from another site and you can see they match pretty close to the stock fender and fillers, only the exhaust cutout is not perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I thought mine turned out good.:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I thought mine turned out good.:confused:

I think it looks bad ass! I will be getting the 4" Rush Big Louie's. Will they fit under the bags without touching? Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts