Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 RG with Monster Rounds and am looking at putting some extended bags on it.
1. I want to match up paint perfectly (obviously)
2. Want them to seamlessly fit in existing brackets and have all hardware and lids
3. need to be able to fit those monster rounds in the cutout.
Too much to ask?

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
I have a 13 RG with Monster Rounds and am looking at putting some extended bags on it.
1. I want to match up paint perfectly (obviously)
2. Want them to seamlessly fit in existing brackets and have all hardware and lids
3. need to be able to fit those monster rounds in the cutout.
Too much to ask?
1) Any bags/fender you buy are going to have to be painted......by someone. Depending on the color of your bike, the cost to paint will vary. My recommendation would be to have everything painted locally and give the painter your stock bags or a side cover so it's a dead nuts match

2) TopShop is a for sure, as for all holes being in the correct locations and everything a straight swap over.....I've seen/heard that new sinister bags are must better and "on par" as are the Yaffe's

3) not sure the size of the monster rounds (4.5"??) but it might take a little trimming once you get everything mocked up to create an even reveal around the whole pipe, but will look great back there with those big pipes when it's done :D

I would say, after Sturgis, give Tony at TopShop a call and tell him what pipes your running and he can usually precut the bags and fenders to fit anything before they ship them out :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
You are asking A LOT! I don't know how big the Monster Rounds are...but my Fairing Factory Stretched bags clear my 4" RC slip on with about 1.5" clearance around the pipes. They fit right on the factory hardware. You have to use your old lid hardware or buy hardware separately. They just come with bag and lid. And they are unpainted.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked online for topshelf but coudn't find the site. Anyone know there site or number?
Thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts