Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to run lowers with the colder weather coming . I have the tallboys brackets and a softbrake 2" pedal. So both boards and brake are forward 2". Tallboys website says '14s and up won't require their special bracket to allow for more room for lowers. Anyone running a later model Rg with this setup and had the clearance?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well, ..it can be done, I did it on my past RG with the 2" Softbrake.
I went with the pre-Rushmore lowers (Hogworkz) with the sliding doors.
You'll have to leave the right door off during the summer and keep it closed or mostly closed during the winter.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I went with the Softbrake +1 W NP for the RGU. Plenty of room.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the Softbrake +1 W NP for the RGU. Plenty of room.

Hmm. Yeah that looks like the plus 2 would work. I'm assuming the crash bars on the rgu and rgs are identical in position? I need to be sure before I order. Tallboys does offer a template to cut the lowers a bit as well. Here's the room I have

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Give Softbrake a call and ask.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I did the tallboy cycles mounts plus spacers ad well as the softbrake brake lever because my CVORGU brake pedal pad was too big and would hit the lower fairing. Rick hooked me up with his brake pedal before I did the mounts and I loved it. It also fit great. I did the mounts afterwards and it took away a little of the angle but not much......fitment was still spot on. Rick does an amazing job and he made the arm to match like it was OEM to my CVORGU. I think it was a +2. Ask him about the CVORGU brake arm that he uses but you want it for your RGU without the groove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts