Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm six foot four and a half inches tall with a 36 inch inseam. I wear an 18 in in footwear. My question is Harley Davidson offers extended controls for shifters and foot brake. If I remember correctly the total open space given by the shifter would be to inches and the foot brake would be extended one inch. I will also be looking into extended foot boards.
What I'm worried about is that the extended shifter controls won't be enough to get my foot room not to get trapped. And if I do the extended foot boards would I have just wasted my money on the extended controls?
Thank you in advance for your input!

·
Super Moderator
10,207 Posts
the easiest thing to do for the shifter side would be remove the heel shifter , so you get full use of the foot board ( using just the toe shifter ) and you can adjust the height of the toe shifter , where your boot will fit under it

and welcome from Bama

JtB

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
How deep is your wallet? These are only around $1700

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I had the HD extendeds on my FatBoy and loved them. Now I have the Battistinis which come in several styles and colors and love them even more and they give me more room. Even the angle of the foot brake is desgned for more room. Controls have a very positive feel and are made like bridges. Shifters can be adjusted individually and can be used singly as well. Great products, highly recommended.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's some pretty slick stuff there. Unfortunately my pockets are not that deep. Let me reword my question. If I get extended foot controls and extended foot boards, am I still going to be running into problems because the controls don't follow the foot boards. Guess first of all just tried taking off the heal shifter .

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Unless you just love heel shifting, removal of the lever would solve many problems for you. Since your feet are so large, I'd still look into the extended controls. As far as floorboards are concerned mine are very long and the banana boards are even longer. Go with an extended brake lever too and you should be OK. The stuff doesn't have to be fancy, but it also can't cramp your style.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check out the Arlen Ness 2 inch floorboard extension....then add the Kuryakyn 1 inch forward and 1 inch out extensions to those. That will give you 3 inches forward and 1 inch out. Then add the extended brake pedal and extended shifter arm. I did all those with the HD Rallyrunner seat which moved me ack another 3 inches or so and 1 inch down. Next week im adding the 13 LA Choppers Prime Apes. My bike is will hopefully be very comfortable after that. I am 6-4 300 lbs with 34 inch inseam and size 15 shoe. Good luck! These bikes aren't made from the factory for tall guys. But at least there are plenty of options to make them fit us big dudes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I to have a 36 inseam and wear size 18 shoe. I already have the Harley extended shifter and brake pedal and I left the heel shifter off. I have not extended the floor boards yet but I can tell you I still feel cramped. I also have the tall boy seat that moves you back 2 inches. I've been doing a lot of research myself and have found there are longer shifter and brake pedals available from other company's. I'm looking at many different things right now it's just figuring out where to start.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will have to look into finding The shifters and controls there longer than I read a bit since extended. I'm going to ride with f amily this weekend one more time with the hill shifter on and will probably take it off after that. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Kuryakyn makes em for cheaper than HD. I think the HD ones r made by Kury even. Check thier website.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kuryakyn makes em for cheaper than HD. I think the HD ones r made by Kury even. Check thier website.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The kuryakyn ones are 3/4 of inch longer then the HD ones. I saw that in my research and may change from the HD ones to the kuryakyn ones because their a little bit longer. Do you think an extra 3/4 of inch will make a difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out the Arlen Ness 2 inch floorboard extension....then add the Kuryakyn 1 inch forward and 1 inch out extensions to those. That will give you 3 inches forward and 1 inch out. Then add the extended brake pedal and extended shifter arm. I did all those with the HD Rallyrunner seat which moved me ack another 3 inches or so and 1 inch down. Next week im adding the 13 LA Choppers Prime Apes. My bike is will hopefully be very comfortable after that. I am 6-4 300 lbs with 34 inch inseam and size 15 shoe. Good luck! These bikes aren't made from the factory for tall guys. But at least there are plenty of options to make them fit us big dudes.
They may not be made for tall guys, but I can guarantee you they're a damn site more comfortable than a street glide....Im 6'3 with a 36" inseam and I do NOT like a fairing in my face like the street glide. Just mho. Stay safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts