Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Does anybody make extended footboard mounts at least 2" foward for 09 and later Road Glides ?
To go 2" forward you will need Harleys OEM +1 floorboard pan then add Kuryaklyns +1up and +1 out. The only lowers that will work with that setup is the Hogg Chopps.

I had this setup on my 08.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use the arlen ness 2 inch extensions and the kuryakyn 1 inch forward/1 inch out extensions. Total of 3 inches forward and 1 inch out. I'm 6 foot 4 with 34 inch inseam and this has been great for me. 7000 trouble free miles with this set up. I ride hard and rarely scrape either.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a set of 1" out and 1" forward floorboard extenders that I'll sell cheap! Tried them out and just didn't like them for myself. Then again I only have a 30 inseam so the factory setup is ok for me. I'll take 50 shipped if you want them, or any other reasonable offer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Legends Vintage Motorcycles has 2" extended boards, and controls. Pricey, but excellent products.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the Harley Extended Length Rider Running Boards (part #50500158) on my Deluxe and then took them off an put them on my Road Glide. They are 4" longer (1" in the front, 3" in the back) and 1/2" wider than the Original Equipment rider footboards. They don't interfere with my lowers and allow for great foot placement options. HTH!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Depending on your riding style you may not want to go that extreme with the floorboards. I would consider a seat that moves you back some and 1" extensions. with 2" extensions you will want to also get extended brake and shift levers. Also HW pegs for the long rides either way are key. I was in same boat as you and first did the kuryakyn 1" forward and out and it helped a lot but I still needed a lot more room so I did a custom seat rebuild which moved me back 2-3 inches that helped a ton. As you are pry aware, taller bars go great with all this stuff if you are a tall guy :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
tried them but not enough , Arlen Ness use to have them but not no more I think
Ricky,
Haven't seen an up date, so thought I'd through my 2bits in...

I'm 6'6" with 38" inseam, started with Arlen Ness extensions. Had to remove the lowers, anyway due to heat allergy. Hard part is getting extended shifter & brake pedal. Wish I could remember where I found mine, took a while... Kuyakyns are not long enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts