Road Glide banner

Extended Saddle Bags

12K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  Bevis 
#1 ·
Ok ive searched the form but haven't seen any recent post. What extended saddle bags do you have and recommend. Im looking for a 4-6" extended. I will be installing 6×9 speakers in bags in the future.

#6 ·
It depends on how much you want to spend really. Yes top shop bags are a top notch product but you're gonna pay top notch prices for them. Also do you want fiberglass or ABS bags? I've seen extended bags on ebay for under $500, some glass some ABS. Don't know the quality but I'm sure no matter what bags you get there will be bodywork needed before paint.

#8 ·
I have looked at bags all over, I am just going with a set on ebay 5" extended with 6.5 lids for 485.00.. Just don't see the justification of the extra 500+ without lids.. This will be the 4th set we ordered and the quality is good, a little more prep but worth the savings.

Ill post pics once I get these and mocked up.

#9 ·
I went Top Shop for many reasons, I researched bags for about a year before I bought and narrowed it down to Milwaukee or Top Shop, TS offered the best service, prices were close, and I guess I also like the fact the bags are lined inside. They fit better than OEM, BTW my painter loved them, he said he only spent about ten minutes per bag for prep which was the least he's ever spent on any brand, and now if someone ask him and they don't already have bags, he recommends Top Shop.

#15 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Here are my Dirty Bird Top Shelf bags and fender. I was a little skeptical to order them cause of the horror stories I read about dirty bird but I loved the look and the beveled bags. Only thing I wish is that they would have come lined in the inside but I got some liners and did it myself and also made false bottoms for it. Brass instrument Metal

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#32 ·
I'm having some issues, but I mounted the inside bag catch's on the wrong bags (L on R and vice versa) will switch them and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.