Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about making the skid plates that go on the bottom of Extended Saddlebags (full length plates not just the ends). I am wondering if there are people out there interested in them and what you are willing to pay for a nice set made out of 1/8" stainless steel.

Here is a picture of the set that I am thinking of making.

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
They look good! Full length is the only way to go and offered at a fair price you'll have no issues moving these babies, fast

One thing I will suggest is.....instead of countersinking the screws would be to weld up a few (3-4) studs on the bottom, the end user can then layout and drill the holes and install the washers/nuts. It's is how I've done it and it works great. Not more trying to clean out the ground down hex on the countersink to remove them

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I am now waiting for the quote from the cutter to see what these are going to cost me so I know what to sell them for. I will be keeping the price on these as down as low as possible like I do everything else I sell. I sell only for what I would be willing to pay for something, and I am a bit of a thrifty buyer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm interested? Have y'all found a price yet?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have finally got a quote from the cutter for these. A slight difference in appearance to keep the cost down. One of the plates will have the "DeathProof" cut into it, the other plate will be plain. Both made out of stainless steel. These will come to you raw for $70 shipped and $80 powder coated and shipped. I recommend the plain.

There will be mounting holes already cut into the plates and I will include the hardware at the prices listed above. If you don't want to drill into the bottom of your bags you can mount these with 3M automotive 2 way tape. I have had mine mounted like this for well over 10K miles with no issue of them falling off.

Pm me to order a set.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will try and get pics of them on the bike tonight.

I have started a new thread in the "Parts For Sale" section.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I subscribed and would like to see the pics. Can I get something different cut in? I wonder if I could get my club name instead of Deathproof. I would assume there would be an upcharge for the custom cut.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
I subscribed and would like to see the pics. Can I get something different cut in? I wonder if I could get my club name instead of Deathproof. I would assume there would be an upcharge for the custom cut.
Or what about getting both sides "clean" with no writing, since wont ever see it anyway.......is that an option?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Or what about getting both sides "clean" with no writing, since wont ever see it anyway.......is that an option?
I will see it! I am the guy who always looks underneath to see if the dam wheels match! Nothing I can't stand is mis matched wheels!!!!! :thumbdown::banghead::thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PM me for a quote on this, cause yes it would be a little more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts