Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get new bags for my 13 RGU. Got a few options picked out, but was wondering about switching to the new style bag/lids (2014+). If I buy the newer style bags/lids, will they bolt right up to my current set up (13 RGU)? If it's going to require me to get a bunch of new hardware, I'll just stick with what I have.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I also want the new style (2014 one-touch) extended bags, with the sweet rounded edge over the '13 with the angled-cut edge. I believe the '14 bags will work with a slight modification, however, the bags won't open with a '13 tour-pak. I'm not removing or replacing my tour-pak...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I also want the new style (2014 one-touch) extended bags, with the sweet rounded edge over the '13 with the angled-cut edge. I believe the '14 bags will work with a slight modification, however, the bags won't open with a '13 tour-pak. I'm not removing or replacing my tour-pak...
Yes they will work with the older tour pak. You have to make a spacer. I seen 1/2 rubber hose between the tour pak and the bracket to raise it up just enough for the lids to clear. Lot's of things you could use to space it up some.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Looking to get new bags for my 13 RGU. Got a few options picked out, but was wondering about switching to the new style bag/lids (2014+). If I buy the newer style bags/lids, will they bolt right up to my current set up (13 RGU)? If it's going to require me to get a bunch of new hardware, I'll just stick with what I have.
The hardware (hinge and latches) are expensive, but the bags will bolt up with a few adjustments to the mounting points. They aren't an exact fit on the bottom rails, but they fit. The saddlebags will sit further out on the back.

90200520 Latch assembly right $249.49
90200521 Latch assembly left $249.40

You can go aftermarket for less money. Fairing Plus has black for about $1000
Aftermarket Harley Davidson Extended Stretched Saddlebags with 2014 ONE TOUCH OPEN LATCH kit fit for 1993-2013 Harley Touring bikes Unpainted (New model 4.5 inch cut out)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts