Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on a few more brake lights...................where would you hook them up at ?

·
Registered
520 Posts
i've never done it so, first hnd, i do not know but when i start moving on them and i will, (i like the plasma rods by CD) i'll start looking at the wiring diagram in da book, then find them wires on the bike, it will become apparent... i hope.:D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If you are putting on plasma rods or led they usually come with installation instructions.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Custom Dynamics has some connectors you can plug inline to the rear fender harness. They go under the seat, and break out the wiring so you can plug into the brakes, turn signals, and running lights. Well worth it. You do not have to cut any existing wires.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Custom Dynamics has some connectors you can plug inline to the rear fender harness. They go under the seat, and break out the wiring so you can plug into the brakes, turn signals, and running lights. Well worth it. You do not have to cut any existing wires.
x2, much better and cleaner than hacking wires.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I want to put on a few more brake lights...................where would you hook them up at ?
The easiest place to hook up the tail and brake lights is the Accessory plug under the seat.
There are four wires in this plug.
The orange wire can be used for the running light.
The Red/White tracer is the brake light.
And the black is ground.

Or you can tap the tail light housing.​

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I will be getting plasma rods - hoping it's an easy gig!

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bought the inline plug from CD when I bought the plasma rods. Didn't want to cut anything. Been there done that on my vrod and it was a pain!! Like the plug n play !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts