Road Glide banner

Extra plug off handlebars?

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Road dawg 
#1 ·
Installing my 14 inch Reaper apes today and there a plug that comes out of the bottom of my bars not plugged into anything but a dummy port, any one know what this is for? Maybe heated grips or something? Thanks.

#6 ·
Okay thanks , going to clip it because running the twist grip sensor and the harness together is going to be a bear on the right side, thank God the inside of the bars have curved edges welded in and are clean to ease the install, got the left side done, today working on the right, Thanks again fellas, I love this place.

#7 ·
These hooked bars are definitely a little tricker to internally wires even with the rounded edges over traditional apes which I have done plenty with no problem, I was going the route of Road 6 holey rollers but fell in love with these Wild one Reaper apes, a real quality bar I must say.

#8 ·
When your wiring the throttle side try doing the switch wires first.The last set I did I used the pull chain for the first time and I must say it worked real well. I used plenty of dish soap for lube as well.

#9 ·
I did the harness first was bitch now I am struggling to get that twist grip sensor wire, royal pain in the ass! I see why guys get the 1.5 inch bars now, not playing nice, starting to piss me off.

#10 ·
Guess I need more lube or something I have done countless wiring on bars but these suck, ready to run the wires outside and say fuck it, no room, if it didn't have a twist grip sensor it would be done but not enough room I guess, going to try the soap .

#11 ·
It's more of a push then pull method with more emphasis on the push. Be patient as you will only be able to push maybe an inch or so at a time. Trying to pull more makes it lock into the sharp bends and that will make it near impossible no matter how much lube you use.

#15 ·
1) .095 weed eater "string trimmer" line.
2) Tape the wires to the string trimmer line and feed the string trimmer line through first.
3) Lube the wires with wire pulling gel from Lowes or Home depot.
4) Push/pull a little at a time until all the wiring goes through.

No chain in the world works as good as .095 string trimmer line IMO.

#16 ·
Weed eater line I’ve used with success as well, what I like about the chain is it really bites together good with the tape and wire. Nothing pisses a guy off more than pulling the wires 3/4 through and the tape pulls off!

#19 ·
Push is what works best for me. Keep a little pull tension on to keep from bunching up. Sometimes going back and forth to get around a corner. But let the push do most of the work to prevent wire damage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGKen
#20 ·
Correct I followed those tips exactly, never forced it, always a gentle pull and push, I take extreme care with wiring, from all my years in the automotive industry and working on motorcycles as well, but I see how it can easily frustrate someone, hopefully all goes well, the inside of the bars were really free of burs and imperfections as well as gussets welded in the corner for a smooth turn, alot better than some of the cheaper bars I have seen that have cut the harness to shreds, I removed the harness after installing the first time and wires as well as shrink wrap and tape were in perfect condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.