Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an EZ Up Center stand off someone on another forum for my '13 RGC. All I can say is wow was that easy to install. It literally took longer to get the tourque wrench and socket out of their cases than it did to install it. Works great too. All parts should be this easy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Love mine too best add yet

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I never thought anyone would use it that much to make it worth it :) maybe it is something I should consider..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How easy is it to get a heavy RG up on the center stand?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Do any of you EZ owners worry about it hitting when taking corners steep? I always wondered if you could hit the center stand if you have a severe lean angle?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do any of you EZ owners worry about it hitting when taking corners steep? I always wondered if you could hit the center stand if you have a severe lean angle?
I haven't, by looking at it, my boards would scrape long before the EZ up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very EZ (see what I did there?) :D, it's pretty much just like standing up. I'd imagine if you were less than say 150lbs you may have a hard time, but it's really surprisingly easy. There is a youtube video demonstrating how it's done.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Had mine a good while now, here's my take:

Pros - the bike takes up less space in the garage, makes it easier to clean, comes in handy when working on it - especially when removing/replacing the fairing, windshield or shocks, or changing fluids. I almost always use it when getting gas.

Cons -when I need to get the wheels off the ground by more than an inch my motorcycle jack doesn't work well with it, it drags in some road to driveway/parking lot transitions, it does add weight to an already heavy bike. I hardly ever park it on the center stand anywhere but at home, I believe it is more stable on the jiffy. Sure wouldn't be hard to be tipped over, I've almost done it a few times unintentionally.

Sometimes I think I might rather have a stationary wheeldock rather than a center stand but that would mean I'd have to sell what I have and buy something else. Got me thinking now...

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Mine is very EZ. I air my shocks up all the way. Put the center stand down, let out some air.:D

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Had mine a good while now, here's my take:

Pros - the bike takes up less space in the garage, makes it easier to clean, comes in handy when working on it - especially when removing/replacing the fairing, windshield or shocks, or changing fluids. I almost always use it when getting gas.

Cons -when I need to get the wheels off the ground by more than an inch my motorcycle jack doesn't work well with it, it drags in some road to driveway/parking lot transitions, it does add weight to an already heavy bike. I hardly ever park it on the center stand anywhere but at home, I believe it is more stable on the jiffy. Sure wouldn't be hard to be tipped over, I've almost done it a few times unintentionally.

Sometimes I think I might rather have a stationary wheeldock rather than a center stand but that would mean I'd have to sell what I have and buy something else. Got me thinking now...
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the space for the lift. I'm also concerned about clearance since my bike is lowered.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
No, floorboards and other stuff touches down first. The legs of the stand are pretty tucked in.

Very EZ (see what I did there?) :D, it's pretty much just like standing up. I'd imagine if you were less than say 150lbs you may have a hard time, but it's really surprisingly easy. There is a youtube video demonstrating how it's done.
Agree, I have an Ultra and even when fully loaded and with a passenger it can be gotten up on the stand without a huge amount of effort. Works better if pointed slightly uphill, also start rolling backwards a few inches before pushing on the lever helps too.

Not always able to ride off the stand, have sat and spun a few seconds before having to rock it off. Can be a bit humorous to your buddies if they happen to see you do this, never happened to me of course...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the space for the lift. I'm also concerned about clearance since my bike is lowered.
They have another model for lowered bikes, if you want to use the lift, it's only one bolt to take the stand off, should take like 60 seconds.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They have another model for lowered bikes, if you want to use the lift, it's only one bolt to take the stand off, should take like 60 seconds.
Very good to know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I love my EZ-Up ceneterstand. I park in my garage behind my car (on level concrete) and the centerstand allows the bike to take up less space than nit does leaned over on the jiffystand. It is also very handy for servicing the bike. I don't use it except in my garage. Putting it on the centerstand is simple and easy - just use one foot on the long arm and leverage picks the bike up fairly easy - hold in your clutch while you do this. I have never had it make contact during cornering - the floorboards hit first. I do find that it scrapes on speedbumps sometimes. I have an un-lowered RGU so if you have an FLTRX or a lowered bike you will probably scrape more. Be sure to buy the model that fits your bike - there is one for the RGU unlowered and another which works for lowered RGUs and stock FLTRX. I don't know if they have one for lowered FLTRX.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

if level I think I could get it up (the bike that is) bare footed while seated.. I could not live without it

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

yes be careful....on my custom at SW3 last year my EZup grabbed the payment rounding a sweeper curve at 60mph 2 up and literally the bike felt like it jumped or pole vaulted a couple of feet....scared the sh*t outta me

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes be careful....on my custom my EZup grabbed the payment rounding a sweeper curve at 60mph 2 up and literally the bike felt like it jumped or pole vaulted a couple of feet....scared the sh*t outta me

What year is your custom? What part of EZ up hit? One is a 13 custom.
There is only one bolt holding it on. Seems like it's tucked up nice and shouldn't hit but now you got me thinking

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
yes be careful....on my custom at SW3 last year my EZup grabbed the payment rounding a sweeper curve at 60mph 2 up and literally the bike felt like it jumped or pole vaulted a couple of feet....scared the sh*t outta me

I scrape the hell out of the floorboards many times in left hand sweepers but never has the ez up caught pavement. I don't see how you caught the stand and not a board??? Lowered in the rear ???

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 43 Posts