Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory 47 bars and am thinking about maybe adding heated grips this winter.

So what fits, whats compatable? How does it work and how long has it lasted?

Can you keep your own grips?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not a whole lot of useable info here, Madmat, but just had Factory 47 12” Signature bars installed with the HD rubber chrome contour heated grips I had on the stock bars. I think any standard heated grip will fit the Signatures. Everything was installed at the same time along with CD Truebeam headlight which is a work of art. Can’t speak to how long the grips will last. Only to installation and grip performance.

Installation. My independent mechanic made his bones wiring cop bikes front to back for many different jurisdictions around Dallas. Lights, sirens, grips, everything electric that cops have on their bikes. He didn’t have any problems, but I knew after watching him for approximately 1.5 seconds I was glad I didn’t take it on, but I’m not very mechanical. He used same wiring. Even though the Signature bars are 1.5 inch it’s still not easy to run the wires. Kudos to you guys who have the cojones to take this on yourselves.

Performance. I ride with the PGR and committed to do a couple of funeral processions this week in the rain and temps in the 40s-50s. Hadn’t broken out the winter gauntlets because I’m lazy and not too bright and my mid-weight gloves were soaked both days. Turned the grips up to 4 out of 6 and they got too warm. Down to 3 and all was well. Pleased with the heat coming out of them. Guessing that with the gauntlets on and temps in the high twenties low thirties will be the only time I crank ‘em all the way up.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Matt, I put the Harley Black Rubber Heated Grips, (56100034) on my F47 Malos and love them.
I had Performance Machines Black Grips that I really liked but I wanted Heated Grips and didn't like the Heat Demons that I was going to install with them.
I wear heated gloves on very cold days but the heated grips come in handy on long days when the temps drop.
I wired them up with everything else when I installed them on My Glide.
It was a bit time consuming, but I watched F47's video for guidance.
I'm very glad I installed them.
Mike U.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have factory 47 bars and am thinking about maybe adding heated grips this winter.

So what fits, whats compatable? How does it work and how long has it lasted?

Can you keep your own grips?

Put the new Kahuna grips on my F47 bars. Wiring was a bitch as always but the Kahuna is designed to be internally wired. If you search for Kahuna grips you will find pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts