Road Glide banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well freezeland you learned way more then you bargained for. It may have been frustrating but you saved yourself a lot of money and learned more about your ride. The self satisfaction was priceless for me as well. Hopefully you don’t run into anymore issues and can enjoy a good ride with the new bar installation. Did you start it up and check for codes yet?
You are right about that. I’ll be firing it up and riding it today.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Looking good man, looking good 😎

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looking good man, looking good 😎
You had asked if I had any codes after I got everything back together. Nope.

I took it for a short 55 miles this afternoon. I had to adjust the throttle side control box afterward. The turn signal was down to far and it felt awkward to activate it. Think I got it where I want it now. Find out tomorrow. I have never had bars this tall. They are going to take some getting used to. I need to go to a empty parking lot and do some slow speed maneuver drills. That could be interesting, lol.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I went from 12s to these 14s and felt the same as you. After a few hundred miles it feels natural. The tight slow turns took some getting use to but it didn’t take long at all. Good to hear you got out for a good ride. You earned it

·
Registered
285 Posts
One thing I noticed after this mod. The brake and clutch reservoirs are at a much different angle. I can’t tell on the clutch since there is no sight glass, but the brake reservoir appears low, like at the bottom of the sight glass. I have an unopened sealed bottle of DOT 4 in the garage and think I’m going to ad a splash of fluid to at least put the level up on the sight glass. Should probably also pop the cover off the clutch side and at least take a look.

Anyone else notice this after installing F47 14” bars?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered Factory 47 14' apes for my 2020 CVO RG do i need to change the bushings or buy a super clamp from Yaffe so the bars never move or is this not needed?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I didn’t change them on mine. If you want peace of mind give Factory 47 a call and ask their opinion. I never changed them on my 2012 with close to 90k miles either. That’s not to say poly bushings won’t be a better set up. Just my experience.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On a brand new bike you are probably alright. The reason that people change them when they’re in there is because the rubber bushings will wear over time, whereas the poly or steel ones will not.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts