Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm torn between the Malo and the Assault bars. 99% sure I'm doing 12". Factory 47 says I can run all stock wires and cables up to 12". I'm running an 08 FLTR. Does anyone have any pics if these installed? Any other input would be great too! Thanks as

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I understand the malo are little wider and curve more going up and the assault are narrower and more straight up. So it's up to personal taste I love my 14" malo with the curve.
Ditto. I put 14" Malos on my 2015 RGS and I love them. Perfect fit and look great.

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
That extra 1/4" makes a big difference. From my experience, 1.5 is the way to go. Not pos but on an 08, 12" might be the max before extending cables. Maybe someone else will jump in with more info.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
12 is definitely the tallest for stock cables, no issues on my 08. The 1.5 doesn't affect anything since they neck down to 1" where control mount and the riser. Besides unpinning the connectors and fishing the f-ing wires through, it would be a 45 min job. Internal wires made mine a 5 hour job. Fit and finish is fantastic, I get compliments everywhere I go. I have 2 other friends who have bought them after they saw the quality and price.

What pics are you looking for?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would disagree with the 12" is the maximum comment. I mounted 14" on a 2016 using the stock cables etc
The 12" max I believe is in reference to the 08 RG not a 2016. I installed Yaffe 10" Monkey Bars on my 2009 RG and there was just enough of wire and lines to work...Some say there was enough for 12" but it would have been tight for sure!

The 2015/16 RG Has enough of everything to go 14" Malo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.