Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my previous trip to the US I got myself F47 12“ Signature bars at an official east coast Harley Davidson dealership.
Back in Europe, after unwrapping them, I discovered, that they do not have the „Factory47“ embossing-badge on the lower right bar. Those are just bare.
They make a very good impression quality wise. No visible welds, clean and smooth surface (under thick powder coating). Also very clean and neat inside the tube.
Also I remember the sales assistant removing the bars from what looked like a Factory 47 box.

I browsed through most of the photos on roadglide.org - All of your F47 bars do have that badge.
Factory47 customer service replied to my e-mail request, stating …as far as they know, they do not sell them with our the badge. They made them without the badge years ago…

I read about serious accidents happened with cheap bars bought on the internet. Mine was not cheap though. I was charged $500++, the dealership also added a considerable s/h-amount to my bill.
I emailed the dealership, however no response yet. Even if there was, there is not very much I can do from 5000 Miles away.

I would be assured and fine, knowing that the bar I bought was of an earlier production date. Well, disappointing not to have the newest version, but ok with that. I just do not want to ride a forged part on my bike.

Anyone here with Factory47 signature bars of early(er) production date? Anyone beside me without that badge?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree the badge is a later addition and the bars you have are a great set of pre badges era that the dealer had in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Agree as well. My F47 bars had no badge and they were great. Admittedly that was a few years ago. I didn't even know they had implemented a badge in later versions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the information.

I feel much reassured now, knowing to have bought (what appeared to be the dealerships non-seller) a most probably genuine and therefore safe part.

The bars feel great. Fantastic seating position. Should have done that earlier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts