Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed some Factory 47 Signature bars on my 18 RGS this weekend and now I have 2 plugs left over behind the speedo. I don’t remember unplugging then in the beginning and there is nothing left over to plug in. I’ve done some research and it looks like one is for heated grips. The other I have no idea. I’m thinking it’s a spare for anything I wanted to add in the future electrical wise. No codes are being thrown when the bike is started but haven’t ridden it yet. All hand controls seem to work fine.

One connector has a purple and a black wire
One connector has a white and a black wire

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I believe they just plug in the back where the blanks are. Where your new switches would go if you added them for accessories.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no blanks that I can find...guess I should have said originally that it’s an 18 RGS

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
+1 on the heated grips. One is power the other your crossover from left to right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The black/white wires are for heated grips.

The purple/black wire (the one hanging empty from the inside of the instrument housing) isn't connected to anything.

The only wires you need to reconnect are (assuming that you don't have heated grips);

Right side
TBW harness
Right hand switch housing (four wires on one plug and a single wire on another plug)

Left side
Left hand switch housing (four wires on one plug)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Cool that’s what I was hoping wevsspot thanks for the clarification man
No worries. I've tried to figure out what that purple/black plug is for. I've scoured the wiring schematics, but they are pretty cryptic when it comes to determining where that plug originates from and why it terminates there. The only thing close that I've found are VE/BK (violet - black) for P&A power and/or accessory power. I've never measured it with my meter though, so don't have any idea if it's a constant 12v, switched 12v or neither.

But I can tell you for sure that the only wires needed for your bike to work correctly after a bar change are the ones I referenced in my previous post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts