Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to replace my 10" Yaffe Bars that have been on my 09 since nearly new in fall of 09. Went with the 14" Malo Bar for pre Rushmore Bikes. I always liked my Yaffe's but always regretted not going higher with them. Anyway, had a few little issues but got it all done and put back together and at least in the garage, everything seems to work. These things fit me perfect! Anyway, here's some pics...

So it begins....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant wait to get through winter and get out for some seat time, should be awesome!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
What A Cinderella Story

Sorry Brother

I just had to do it

The new bars look killer

Congrats

So now it looks like your going to need a new windshield.

You can't turn hard left or right, correct? because your new bars hit.

That's why I'm not running the 14" Klock Werks Sportsflair on my sled.

Swomack

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What A Cinderella Story

Sorry Brother

I just had to do it

The new bars look killer

Congrats

Swomack
Gonna have to check on the full lock left and right thing, but I thought they were good...let you know for sure. Remember pre Rushmore may be different than newer too.?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They look good man. Any particular reason you didn’t go with Yaffe bars this time around? Did you replace riser bushings?
When I put the Yaffe Bars on in the fall of 09, after I got the bike, he was pretty much the only game in town. I liked his customer service (actually spoke direct with him when I called with questions befor I bought them), and liked the bars. But since I put them on, I always regretted not going higher than 10’s. Had I put his 12 or 14’s on originally, I probably would have not changed them out.
I really liked the look of the F47’s being beefier and that was mostly my reason for going with them this time around.
No, I did not change out the riser bushings, mine seemed pretty solid yet. I hope I don’t regret that decision down the road, but if it seems they need changed after some ride time, I will just do them then.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I really liked the look of the F47’s being beefier and that was mostly my reason for going with them this time around.
No, I did not change out the riser bushings, mine seemed pretty solid yet. I hope I don’t regret that decision down the road, but if it seems they need changed after some ride time, I will just do them then.
Thanks! It’s why I went with them too. I did replace the bushings with the HD polyurethane. Somewhere in this forum: “A 10 minute job” they said. “It’s easy”, they said. “They” obviously didn’t have lowers...lol...Absolutely needed a helper to install mine, but again, only because the lowers are all in the way, and I’m just not quite the contortionest I used to be. If not for lowers, yeah about 10 minutes once you’ve removed the gauges. Didn’t really notice a difference, but maybe because my bars are closer in height to my stock RGU bars. Went with their 12”.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Beautiful looking bike. Like the bars. Almost got the same bars decided not so since my buddy ace just bought some in December, I ordered some 15" fmb bars, speakers, fairing brackets for 10+, and have a ton of powdercoating to do in Feb.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Swomack
So, I checked this out (I was pretty sure I knew, but wanted to be certain)...They will turn full left/right without contact on the windshield, so I am good to go.

Funny thing is they did contact my windshield with the 10's on, only to full left, as the brake master bumped it.

Guessing the difference may be that I am on a pre Rushmore and you are not??

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beautiful looking bike. Like the bars. Almost got the same bars decided not so since my buddy ace just bought some in December, I ordered some 15" fmb bars, speakers, fairing brackets for 10+, and have a ton of powdercoating to do in Feb.
Thanks! I did the 10+ fairing brackets couple years back so I could run the vented lowers, then did a 1.5" tank lift to realign the stripe from the fairing & tank.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks! I did the 10+ fairing brackets couple years back so I could run the vented lowers, then did a 1.5" tank lift to realign the stripe from the fairing & tank.
my stripe doesn't line up right now as it is. just one more thing to think about. but on a good note ive got gloss black valve covers that need to be shown some more so if i have to lift the tank no biggy. waiting til feb is really gonna suck. ive got all the stereo stuff but gonna mount the bars and measure what length cables i need so its gonna be really hard to walk by it all the time pulled apart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts