Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDK if this is new info on their website, but I have noticed alot of folks asking what size fits with what mods necessary. This should help clear the air and show that, according to manufacturer, you can install up to 14" bars without needing longer wires or cables.... Check it out:

· Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Every company making bars, especially apes, should have something like this.
I would have to agree with that as well.
It shows our bike with the bars mounted from a perfect side view.
Just seeing bars on a work bench is cool but they are missing out on new business IMO. Great Post.
Swomack

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup! I thought it was pretty awesome of them to do. Let alone the added notations about dimensions and parts needed for install.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
I would have to agree with that as well.
It shows our bike with the bars mounted from a perfect side view.
Just seeing bars on a work bench is cool but they are missing out on new business IMO. Great Post.
Swomack
I agree! This is a great idea, great post. I like those bars too!
To do over, I would probably buy a set of them.

· Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,525 Posts
They are misleading to a degree by putting "pin does not allow for adjustment" on the stock bar photo. While this is true we know that the pin can be easily removed and the bars can then be adjusted. Also their pics of their bars are with them adjusted forward making the 10" look way taller than the stock bars. They don't really need to do this. Just let the bars sell themselves. I guess it is a marketing technique though.... ?

· Registered
2,806 Posts
They are misleading to a degree by putting "pin does not allow for adjustment" on the stock bar photo. While this is true we know that the pin can be easily removed and the bars can then be adjusted. Also their pics of their bars are with them adjusted forward making the 10" look way taller than the stock bars. They don't really need to do this. Just let the bars sell themselves. I guess it is a marketing technique though.... ?

IMO apes should be adjusted forward. When they are popping straight up is when they look good and one gets the full benefit of the height.

But yes, good marketing technique.

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed, I like my bars a bit forward. No more laid back than in line with the forks. But prefer them forward than laid back.

· Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,525 Posts
I don't disagree with that. Just pointing out how they try and make the HD bars look even worse. I do wish the other companies would come up with pics like this though. I would want to still sit on a bike with the bars before I buy so I guess the pics may not be that beneficial.

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find taller bars far more comfortable and superior to handling, I'm 6'2". This is how I roll on my Wide Glide, but will go with 2" shorter on the shark simply because long rides tend to make you a bit numb lol.

Attachments

Reactions: RGKen

· Registered
2,806 Posts
I don't disagree with that. Just pointing out how they try and make the HD bars look even worse. I do wish the other companies would come up with pics like this though. I would want to still sit on a bike with the bars before I buy so I guess the pics may not be that beneficial.

Aah, I see your point now. Slipped right past me. Tks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.