• Carlini Gangsta Ape 14"

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they are priced the same, though the Factory 47's are 1.50" diameter which is really what I am looking for. With everyone's experience, would you go with F47's or Carlini Gangsta Apes? I'm not looking for a meathook style and a lot of the squared off designs just aren't making me warm and fuzzy either. I prefer a 12" bar- short arms and not looking to go too high, however the Carlini doesn't come in a 12" that fits, so I'd have to step up to 14" on those.

First photo is the F47's Rivera:

https://factory47.com/rivera-handlebar/#description

Second is Carlini Gangsta Apes:

Gangster Ape 1.25'' 14'' Stepped Black Throttle By Wire

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not a huge fan of the rounded edge but you said you wanted the 1.5 diameter. Go with those

·
Registered
39 Posts
Those are 2 good looking bars. Personally I went with Carlini. But the next post will say he went with the 47s. If you like both and both fit you well it comes down to which you thinks looks best on your bike. It comes down to a question you were probably asked in high school. Would you rather be thicker or longer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I have no experience with Factory 47, however I do like how 1.5 looks compared to 1.25. I have Carlini Bag Drags on my 10 RG, I wanted the same for my 17, but for some reason they still don’t make them. I went with another 1.5 bar. Really depends which one you
Iike and is best for you.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I can only attest to the Factory 47 quality, fit and finish. I'd buy them every time. The 1.5" just looks beefy. And I think our bikes need that witg the size of the fairing.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Both companies make very high quality bars. I have been a Carlini fan for years so that is who I voted for. I personally love the rounded look but it also depends on the overall theme of what you want your bike to be. Some themes look better with meathooks, some with the squared off look, some with the round off look, and others with T-bars. It all depends on what you want the bike to look like.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I bought the bike because I loved the look from the factory. I might add a CVO rear at some point and I want to add some lowers, but that's about the only other cosmetic changes I'm looking to make. I love the look of the fat tire front as well, but I think I'd prefer lowers, a new rear and some Ohlin shocks before I put a fat front on her. I know some guys can say they are looking for an aggressive look or a performance oriented look. I just want her to ride comfortably, accentuate what she already has and have lines that flow and look good.

Both companies make very high quality bars. I have been a Carlini fan for years so that is who I voted for. I personally love the rounded look but it also depends on the overall theme of what you want your bike to be. Some themes look better with meathooks, some with the squared off look, some with the round off look, and others with T-bars. It all depends on what you want the bike to look like.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who's 1.5" bar did you go with?

I have no experience with Factory 47, however I do like how 1.5 looks compared to 1.25. I have Carlini Bag Drags on my 10 RG, I wanted the same for my 17, but for some reason they still don’t make them. I went with another 1.5 bar. Really depends which one you

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Who's 1.5" bar did you go with?

Not knowing what size I wanted the first bar I went with was a 10” from Appleton Customs, great bar and quality but it made me sit up too straight. I then went with David Dumas on Facebook, I have a set of 14” on my bike now, absolutely love them and really easy to wire. I also have a set that BR Customs made especially for me that are very similar to the Carlini Bag Drags, I was going to use them if I didn’t like the ones from DD.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
The Carlinis look great but I have had 2 sets of f47 bars and the fit, finish and quality is excellent. I am also a fan of the 1.5" bars, beefier looking and easier to run the wire.

I was very close to getting a set of the Rivera bars when they came out and opted to have my 14" signature bars powdercoated.

Go for the 14" if you go f47, they run on the shorter side.

Looking forward to pics of whatever you pick.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info on the F47's..... that's good info to know!!

The Carlinis look great but I have had 2 sets of f47 bars and the fit, finish and quality is excellent. I am also a fan of the 1.5" bars, beefier looking and easier to run the wire.

I was very close to getting a set of the Rivera bars when they came out and opted to have my 14" signature bars powdercoated.

Go for the 14" if you go f47, they run on the shorter side.

Looking forward to pics of whatever you pick.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Carlili is pretty wide at 38in. Factory47 still hasnt posted their width, but pics on another recent post here looked like similar width as stock.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
The Carlili is pretty wide at 38in. Factory47 still hasnt posted their width, but pics on another recent post here looked like similar width as stock.
I called f47 about the dimensions when the rivera bars came out. The gal I spoke with told me they were the same as the signature bars without the meathooks. I would call yourself before buying.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will have photos today of the 12" Rivera's to compare against stock.

Just to update the thread as well, I opted for the Factory 47's, partly because I wanted a 1.5 inch bar and the other was because they offered a public service discount, so I decided to support them since they support our military and first responders.

I am interested in the F47 Rivera bars as well. Anyone have any pictures?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts